Medical Fellow, Strategy
(San Francisco, CA or Remote U.S.)
Doximity is transforming the healthcare industry. Join our mission to help every physician be more productive and provide better care for their patients. As medicine’s largest network in the United States, there’s an elevated level of responsibility in everything we do. We don’t take that responsibility lightly and are committed to building diverse teams with an inclusive culture that can make a direct impact on the healthcare system.
One of Doximity’s core values is stretching ourselves. Even if you don’t check off all the boxes below we encourage you to apply. Doximity is full of exceptional people who bring their own unique experiences to work everyday and make us all better for it!
As our Medical Fellow you’ll have the unique opportunity to work across multiple teams, including Strategy, Product, Marketing, as well as Health Equity and Inclusion Strategy. The Medical Fellow is a contractor role available 40 hours per week, following the Doximity business day. Medical students who have completed their third year clerkships and residents at any level who have a full year available are welcome to apply. Please note, this 12 month fellowship is intended to start in June, 2023, but we have some flexibility with the start date.
Where is the job located?
This role can be filled in our San Francisco headquarters OR remotely in the U.S.
How you’ll make an impact
- Support teams across business units including telehealth growth, product marketing, health equity, data analytics, data journalism, business development, and strategy depending on company needs and candidate’s interests
- Provide expertise on medical terms, physician workflow, and current needs in physician digital communications
- Build consensus on strategy, design, and technical decisions
What we’re looking for
- Completed the third year clinical rotations at an accredited US medical school
- Self starter, comfortable working in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Desire to use technology to improve the practice of medicine on a large scale
- Highly analytical, using data to make decisions and comfortable gathering it yourself
- Passion for design and building simple, intuitive user experiences
- Results-oriented. You can identify the root of an issue, outline next action steps, and work with teams to follow through on solutions
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate and maintain relationships with a diverse group of stakeholders
- Curiosity with high attention to detail that drives you to self-audit your work
- This 12 month fellowship is intended to start in June, 2023
- Offsites with product/strategy team quarterly: mixed virtual and in-person at destination locations
- Remote work (with the opportunity to work at HQ)
- Social events including lunches and company competitions
- Hands-on, ongoing mentorship during fellowship term
More About Doximity…
For the past decade, it’s been our mission to help every physician be more productive so they can provide better care for their patients. We believe that when doctors are connected, the healthcare system works better and patients benefit. Doximity enables our verified clinician members to collaborate with colleagues, stay up-to-date with the latest medical news and research, manage their careers, and conduct virtual patient visits. Today, Doximity is the leading digital platform for U.S. medical professionals, with over 80% of physicians, 50% of all nurse practitioners and physician assistants, and 90% of graduating medical students as members.
Joining Doximity means being part of an incredibly talented and humble team passionate about improving inefficiencies in our $4.3 trillion U.S. healthcare system. We are a team of doers who solve problems everyday by treating obstacles like an adventure, and we love creating technology that has a real, meaningful impact on people’s lives. Doxers are committed to working towards a more equitable world both within and beyond our office walls. This starts by fostering an inclusive and diverse work environment where differences are valued and all employees are encouraged to bring their full, authentic selves to work daily. To learn more about our team, culture, and users, check out our careers page, company blog, and engineering blog. We’re growing fast, and there’s plenty of opportunity for you to make an impact—join us! For more information, visit Doximity.com.
Doximity is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.