The role of the Mobile App Growth Manager at Weedmaps is to deeply understand, plan, execute, track and report on our comprehensive app growth strategies. This is a high visibility, truly cross functional position that will make an immediate and meaningful impact to the growth of our organization by working across multiple channels (ASO, affiliate, referral, paid, etc.) to drive the growth of our overall app user base. You are a passionate and data-driven individual with experience in a fast paced consumer marketing environment with a focus on scaling app installs and/or web user to app user migration paths. This role is well resourced and will involve understanding our user journeys, maximizing the use and capabilities of our internal and 3rd party tools and technology and ensuring that we stay up to date with the competitive landscape and any new or emerging app growth trends.
Weedmaps is the Cloud platform powering the Cannabis industry. We help millions of consumers learn about and find Cannabis and thousands of organizations empower their employees, serve their customers, and build what’s next for their Cannabis business, whether they are a grower, producer, retailer or consumer. Our products are engineered for security, reliability, and scalability, running the full stack from application infrastructure to end user devices. Our teams are dedicated to helping our customers, medical institutions and government agencies see the benefits of an industry platform. We are currently used by more than 10,000 enterprises and 13 million consumers on a monthly basis.
The impact you’ll make:
- Develop, execute and manage the mobile app growth strategy for Weedmaps, including organic, paid, referral & affiliate channels
- Maintaining effective communication between all internal team members, including Product, Product Marketing, SEO, Paid Acquisition & Brand,
- Create, manage and experiment with new user acquisition channels & campaigns
- Ensure that we are maximizing the use and capabilities of all internal or 3rd party marketing and tracking platforms, tools and technology (Branch, Sensortower, etc.)
- Prepare and present weekly, monthly and quarterly analysis, reporting & recommendations for continuous improvement and growth optimization.
- Works closely with cross-functional counterparts and internal teams to develop and sync on overall strategy, execution & reporting.
- Knowledge of competitive landscape, available alternatives, new and emerging app growth programs.
What you’ve accomplished:
- 3-5 years of experience in growth marketing, mobile app growth, referral & affiliate marketing.
- Track record building & executing mobile app growth strategies at scale.
- Strong hands-on experience with mobile app ad platforms, tools and technology, including App Store, Playstore, Branch, Sensortower, Adjust, Appfigures, etc.
- Strong data analysis, visualization and reporting skills
- Proven track record of developing data-driven growth strategies
Our 2022 Benefits:
- Medical, Dental & Vision benefits (effective Day1):
- Employee – employer paid premium 100%
- Dependent – employer paid premium 80%
- HMO – Kaiser & Anthem
- PPO and HDHP with HSA – Anthem
- Basic Life & AD&D – employer paid 1x salary
- 401(k) Retirement Plan (with employer contribution)
- PTO (3 weeks accrued); 5 sick days
- Supplemental, voluntary benefits
- Kindbody (family planning/fertility) including up to $10,000 towards cash-pay services
- BenefitEd (Student Loan Repayment/529 Education Savings) including a company contribution of up to $1,000/year
- FSA (Medical, Dependent, Transit and Parking)
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Short- and long-term disability Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Company-paid identity theft protection
- Rocket Lawyer legal services platform
- Paid parental leave
- Reimbursements for home office setup and monthly WiFi
- You get to play a meaningful role in the future of cannabis and how it’s regarded globally
- Catered lunches provided while working in the office
- Casual work environment, read no fancy clothes required, but you are free to dress to the nines!
- Generous PTO and company holidays
- Endless opportunities to network and connect with your fellow Weedmappers through education and speaker series, Employee Resource Groups, happy hours, team celebrations, game nights and much more!
Weedmaps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Applicants may be entitled to reasonable accommodations under the terms of the ADA and state/local laws. Please inform us if you need assistance participating in the interview process.
WM Technology, Inc.’s (Nasdaq: MAPS) mission is to power a transparent and inclusive global cannabis economy. Now in its second decade, WM Technology has been a driving force behind much of the legislative change we’ve seen in the past 10 years.
Founded in 2008, WM Technology, is a leading technology and software infrastructure provider to the cannabis industry, comprising a B2C platform, Weedmaps, and B2B software, WM Business. The cloud-based SaaS solutions from WM Business provide an end-to-end operating system for cannabis retailers. WM Business’ tools support compliance with the complex, disparate, and constantly evolving regulations applicable to the cannabis industry. Through its website and mobile apps, WM Technology provides consumers with the latest information about cannabis retailers, brands, and products, facilitating product discovery and driving engagement with our retail and brand customers.
WM Technology holds a strong belief in the power of cannabis and the importance of enabling safe, legal access to consumers worldwide. Since inception, WM Technology has worked tirelessly, not only to become the most comprehensive platform for consumers, but to build the software solutions that power businesses compliantly in the space, to advocate for legalization, social equity, and licensing in many jurisdictions, and to facilitate further learning through partnering with subject matter experts on providing detailed, accurate information about the plant.
Headquartered in Irvine, California, WM Technology supports remote work for all eligible employees. Visit us at www.weedmaps.com.
Notice to prospective Weedmaps job applicants:
Our team has been made aware of incidents involving LinkedIn, Telegram, and Facebook accounts impersonating Weedmaps recruiters. These individuals are attempting to use our company name to solicit payment from prospective candidates interested in applying for jobs at our company. Our team is actively working to combat these attempts, but in the meantime, please be mindful of the following:
- Our recruiters will always communicate with candidates through an @weedmaps.com email address.
- CORRECT: email@example.com
- INCORRECT: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our recruiters will NEVER ask for or attempt to solicit payment from applicants in order to apply, interview, or work for Weedmaps.
- If you are interested in a role at Weedmaps, please apply through our established channels.
If you are unsure if a communication is legitimate, please contact our recruitment team at email@example.com and they will happily confirm for you. Thank you for your vigilance and we appreciate your interest in working with us!