WHO WE ARE:
ActBlue is a nonprofit that builds tech and infrastructure for Democratic campaigns, progressive-aligned causes, and people trying to make an impact in order to fuel long-term, people-powered change. If you’ve ever given online to a Democrat or progressive organization, chances are you’ve used our powerful online fundraising platform.
We put power in the hands of small-dollar donors and help thousands of groups — from presidential candidates to environmental organizations — build grassroots movements. We envision a democracy where everyone looking to make progressive people-powered change can easily and effectively deploy their resources, energy, and creativity to shape our country and futures. Each and every one of us, from the political activists to the tech innovators to the customer service pros, is fully committed to our mission.
You will work closely with the Movement, Issue, Charitable Organizations (MICO) Assistant Director to grow a team in the issue advocacy and nonprofit space. Through thoughtful project and people management, you will help the Assistant Director develop and lead strategy to expand ActBlue’s reach and impact. You will manage three-four Associates who recruit, train, and support nonprofits using ActBlue.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Work with the MICO Assistant Director to develop outreach strategy focused on relationship building to increase adoption and strategic use of ActBlue.
- Work with the Assistant Director to assign Associates’ turf and set goals.
- Evaluate progress to goals regularly, making adjustments as necessary.
- Manage a team of Associates toward success by holding individuals accountable to goals around relationship building, account management, and strategic account support.
- Provide account management and strategic account support for a small portfolio of high-priority accounts.
- Maintain an up-to-date understanding of the ActBlue platform and its role within issue advocacy and nonprofit digital programs.
- Serve as a lead generator for the team: a connector for the staff to organizations.
- Collaborate with other managers within the department to maintain a broad understanding of accounts’ needs.
- Collaborate with peers on the Democratic Politics and Elections team on ways to grow account management and coordinate resource needs of programs.
- Facilitate and lead meetings and trainings, both internally and externally.
- Work outside regular business hours (i.e., 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM) as required.
- Travel as required.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- At least four years of nonprofit or issue advocacy experience or project management experience.
- At least three years of people management experience preferred.
- Experience managing a small team of staff in a fast-paced environment.
- Understanding of movement, issue advocacy, and nonprofit structures.
- Experience managing and implementing programs or campaigns, or experience being part of a team plan.
- Experience managing or working closely with fundraising and digital programs.
- Enthusiasm for problem solving, team building, and internal and external relationship building.
LOCATION AND COMPENSATION:
This posting is for a full-time, remote, salaried position. ActBlue is authorized to support remote work in these states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, Washington D.C., and Wisconsin.
Salary Range: $73,000 – $93,000, depending on experience
This supervisory role is not part of the Bargaining Unit position: Certain employees who report to this position may be covered by a collective bargaining agreement.
- Flexible work schedules and an unlimited time-off policy.
- Fully paid and trans-inclusive health, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their families.
- Automatic 2% 401K contribution, plus up to 6% match.
- Three months paid parental leave for all new parents, adoptions included; 4 weeks of a fully paid flexible work schedule; plus an additional one week of paid leave and an additional one week of flexible work schedule for every full year the employee has worked for ActBlue.
- Commuter or home-office benefits, including a $1,000 home-office setup allowance for all new full-time remote employees.
- Additional perks including quarterly snack deliveries and digital subscriptions to the Boston Globe & New York Times.
ActBlue is unable to sponsor work visas at this time.
Women, people of color, LGBTQIA2S+ individuals, and members of other minority or marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply. ActBlue is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status.
ActBlue is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the interview and employment process, including using our online system to apply for a position.