Founded in 1979, Activision has continuously disrupted the world of entertainment as a leader in the videogame industry. With a history of delivering iconic game changers — like Pitfall®, Tony Hawk®, Guitar Hero®, Crash Bandicoot™, Skylanders™ and Call of Duty® — our obsession is delighting our players around the globe. Focused and committed to innovation, we consistently deliver the most beloved, engaging and successful entertainment.
And while we have world-class franchises, infrastructure and resources, our success comes from a passionate, talented and diverse team of people producing greatness together. So, if you’re interested in our biggest priority, it’s our people.
We’re currently driving the next era for our company and community by creating amazing experiences for fans and continuing to make Activision an inclusive place where everyone can thrive.
Activision Publishing is currently looking for a Network Engineer to join the mobile team to work on the new Warzone on Mobile title. We are looking for an individual who has a passion and proven track record for building and launching great games.
As a Network Engineer, your mission is to implement networking systems including online multiplayer, matchmaking, community features, and 1st party technical requirements to create an immersive experience for our players. This role requires knowledge of fundamental networking behaviors including synchronization, authority, determinism, replication, prediction, latency, and bandwidth. You will be a direct part of a core team but collaborate with others on a large scale.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Develop networking code to interact with backend systems and online services
- Optimize existing networking codebase by instrumenting, profiling, analyzing, and optimizing
- Architect and implement high performance network code solutions for client and server game logic
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Excellent C++ programming skills – at least 3 years experience in games or related industry
- Proficiency in client-server and peer-to-peer networking architectures
- Proficient with synchronization, lag compensation, UDP/TCP, packet bandwidth optimization
- Excellent debugging skills within a networked environment
- Tools development experience using Python, or other relevant languages
- Comfortable working with RESTful APIs, JSON, and network protocol design/implementation
- Online/Network programming experience on mobile or current generation consoles/PC
- A strong passion for video games
- Experience working with first party online services on mobile, console or PC
- Experience in data science (visualization, analysis, pipelines)
- Developed and shipped at least one online multi-player game
- Proficiency in database modeling and access libraries
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world’s largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ – we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.