Mitsubishi Electric Power Products (MEPPI) serves the North American power systems, rail transportation, and large visual display markets with electrical and electronic products, systems, and services.
MEPPI is looking for a Network Operations Manager to direct and coordinate development and daily activities of the Network Operations group within the Information Technology Department.
- Analyze network operations and architecture in order to prepare network design changes, equipment needs and budgetary requirements.
- Participate with the IT Management Team to develop long term strategic plans for the company’s IT infrastructure.
- Manage all IT infrastructure projects and ensure coordination with other MEPPI departments as required.
- Develop and continuously improve an information security program designed to protect MEPPI’s electronic information and systems from potential internal or external threats.
- Ensure the development and maintenance of MEPPI hardware and software solutions by leading or participating in projects that increase the effectiveness, security, and availability of networked systems.
- Provide product and installation support for all MEPPI product lines across all operating divisions and end customers.
- Develop and maintain relationships with external system providers and consultants to ensure maximum value, response time, availability, and support for MEPPI systems.
- Maintain network configuration documentation.
- Manage maintenance and upgrade schedules to ensure network availability required to support internal users and customers.
- Lead network operations staff in troubleshooting and the timely resolution of problems with the Company’s infrastructure and systems.
- Develop, test, and maintain the Company’s IT disaster recovery plan.
- Lead the Network Operations and Helpdesk teams according to Company policies and procedures to effectively achieve Company and department objectives. Manage and develop staff by communicating job expectations, monitoring and appraising job performance, and providing coaching and training opportunities.
- Further the goals and positive, professional image of the IT Department by conducting business with other MEPPI departments, consultants, suppliers, etc., in a timely and cooperative manner.
- Know MEPPI’s Quality Policy. Be able to fully discuss the importance of MEPPI’s Quality Policy and how it impacts work.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer-related field with a minimum 5 years of related work experience and a minimum of 3 years supervisory or technical lead experience, or equivalent education and experience.
- Advanced technical knowledge of LAN/WAN configurations, firewalls, storage, computing, virtualization and security.
- Advanced knowledge of PC applications.
- Advanced analytical and problem solving skills.
- Advanced interpersonal, communication and presentation skills required to communicate with employees and vendors.
MEPPI offers its employees competitive salaries, commensurate with qualifications and experience, as well as comprehensive benefits including:
- 401(k) Program
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Employer sponsored programs including Flexible Work Arrangement, Wellness, and Professional Women’s ERG, HOPE (community outreach)
- Onsite Fitness Center and Café
- Employee Discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Volunteer opportunities
- Paid Parental Leave