Bigleaf Networks is currently building a dedicated QA team as we evolve and enter a period of growth. The ideal person for this role will also be interested in both testing and networking hardware. Do you take pleasure in finding hidden issues in systems? Do you love networking? Do you have considerable experience working with networking protocols, test hardware, and network labs? If this describes you, please read on, and apply!
What You’ll Do:
As a Network Test Engineer at Bigleaf, you will provide value to our customers by working closely with Support and firmware development teams to track reliability and performance across all our hardware (customer-facing and internal network). You will develop and execute test plans (with a focus on automation) to increase our QoS and customer satisfaction.
You will approach your role as a tester and engineer with an ability to identify, articulate, and prioritize issues within our products and workflows. You will also focus on establishing QA processes and ensuring quality is top-of-mind. We are looking for someone who can think creatively to consistently surface issues (before they reach customers) and assist with building scalable processes to validate and debug complicated network behaviors.
Come join us at Bigleaf to help those businesses connect to their customers, people like us, people like you!
Proximity to the Tigard, OR office is required in order to be close to the test lab. Note that you are not required to consistently visit the office. This is approximately a 50% remote position where you will be able to work from home part of the time and visit the office to handle hands-on testing and lab-related initiatives from time to time.
- Design, implement, and maintain hardware-based test environments that allow for rapid verification of our products in real-world scenarios
- Contribute to QA and test automation to quantify product performance, e.g., network load and throughput testing, performance comparisons of new hardware platforms, etc
- Work with Product and Engineering to review requirements, specifications, and technical design documents to facilitate creation of test plans
- Find issues in our systems (before they impact customers) and help others in engineering understand impact and reproduction. Record and track bugs; verify efforts to mitigate bugs
- Integrate regression tools into our release process to build confidence in every release and shorten the time to delivery
- Identify, troubleshoot, and document issues and work with appropriate engineering resources to solve customer-facing and internal issues
- Communicate effectively with support, engineering, and other internal stakeholders on overall testing and project status
- Contribute to design and maintenance of our test lab
- 2 – 3 years of networking experience
- 2 – 3 years of QA experience is desirable, but not required. If you lack 2 – 3 years of professional QA experience, we ask that you are interested in leveling up your QA skills as part of this role
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, supporting multiple concurrent projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in a multi-team, collaborative environment
- Experience using Spirent or Ixia network test hardware
- Experience with networking protocols (TCP, UDP, IP, etc.) and networking technologies
- Ability to effectively utilize Wireshark to read and understand network traffic
- Experience building test labs for functionality, performance, and scale is a plus
- Network and automation debugging experience is a plus
- Excellent understanding of security technologies such as NAT, VPN, firewalls, vulnerability tests, etc. is a plus
- The ability to automate performance and regression tests across various hardware platforms is a plus
Who We Are:
Bigleaf Networks improves Cloud connectivity and Internet performance. We are a team of telecom and network software professionals who built our Cloud-first SD-WAN service based on the natural architecture of leaves. We provide a better Internet experience with simple implementation, friendly support, and powerful technology.
Bigleaf exists because of leaders and dreamers who believed there was a better solution to a technological need in business. As we continue to grow, we keep this leadership mentality in mind, and we encourage each other to constantly improve by developing grit, servant leadership, diversity, and innovation.
Our Core Values:
Whether working with a customer or interacting with one another around the office, Bigleaf’s core values are heartfelt service, positive attitude, transparency, and focus. At our core, we are here at Bigleaf to develop technology that will help people, and these values help us maintain that intention.
Highlight of our Benefits:
- Medical (We pay 100% of medical premiums for our HSA health plan – buy up options available)
- Dental & Vision (We pay 100% for all levels of coverage)
- Life insurance, long term disability
- 401k with dollar for dollar safe harbor match
- Stock options plan
- Generous parental leave (6 weeks)
- 4 weeks of PTO +1 week of Wellness Time per year
- 13 Company Holidays
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Technology/Remote Work Stipend
- Monthly credit for GrubHub
- 2x per year full company offsite events!
This is a very exciting period of growth for our team. We appreciate you taking the time to carefully read through this ad. Our vision is to bring peace into the lives of our customers through advanced technology and excellent service. If you would like to join us in this role, please send along a resume and cover letter of how you meet the qualifications above and why you’re interested. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, long term disability, 401k with match and a stock options plan.
We’re building a team in addition to a product, and we value and seek inclusion and diversity in that team. We are an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and feel it makes our teams stronger, so we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet the exact qualifications for this role.