Our Realize and Engage teams at Spare are looking for new team members!
Spare’s Realize team works on improving and deploying new features for our transportation planning tool called Realize. Spare Realize helps anyone to rapidly prototype different ways to deploy a transportation service anywhere in the world, delivering insights around key metrics like expected ridership or operational cost. Our Realize Team includes members of Product, Engineering, and Data Science, to deliver a data-driven transportation strategy to our customers.
Spare’s Engage team bridges the communication gap between riders, drivers, and admins, making it easy to collect and store information such as Paratransit eligibility. This team supports equity and accessibility across the globe through the creation and maintenance of our eligibility evaluation and management tools. The Engage Team works closely with Product and Platform teams to ensure consistent and reliable service for our customers and riders.
As a New Graduate Software Developer, you will be working with a passionate and dedicated team to move the dial on global accessibility every day (for people and for vehicles).
Spare HQ is Vancouver, BC, but this position is open to remote work options across Canada.
✨What you’ll do✨
– You’ll work on exciting projects focused around the capabilities of our system, building features and improving existing functionality.
– Design, code, test, document, and release new features using a combination of tools and languages, including Node.JS, TypeScript, Docker, Kubernetes, and PostgreSQL.
– Design, build, and maintain APIs, services, and systems with either the Realize or Engage team.
– Help expand our product offering to include key features our customers really want.
– Be a technical collaborator on the team by demonstrating an unrelenting focus on quality, speed, and overall excellence.
– Help us iterate and improve upon current engineering processes, to create efficiencies and ensure 99.99% uptime.
– Innovate with us!
✨Who you are✨
– You have recently completed a Bachelor of Computer Science, Mathematics, or Statistics, or related discipline.
– You have the ability to quickly learn new technologies and languages, even if you don’t have experience with our exact stack (React, React Native, Node.JS
, TypeScript, Docker, Kubernetes, and SQL databases).
– You love building beautiful, functional products.
– You are great at communicating and presenting your work to a general audience that has little or no background in your field.
– You consider yourself a strong collaborator because you take initiative and are proud of the work that you do.
✨What we’re doing @ Spare ✨
Spare is a SaaS platform that enables anyone to launch a smart transportation service. Our mission is to empower cities to transform how their communities move with accessible, sustainable transportation networks, starting with on-demand transit!
We believe in creating a space for everyone to share their ideas, empowering creativity and continuous learning. We’re still at the beginning of our story, and every team member has a key role in shaping the upcoming chapters and Spare’s direction. You will be able to influence your career progression and generate a lasting impact by making headway on the cause for shared mobility.
Not a mobility geek? Take a moment to think about why you chose to live where you do, how easy it is for you to move around, and what makes a city livable. Mobility is paramount in every aspect of our lives, but not everyone has equal and easy access to public transit. Let’s change it together!
✨About Our Team ✨
We strive to build a diverse company full of inclusive, fun, hard-working people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well. We look for the kind of people who are dedicated to going above and beyond and will build up the team as a whole by helping each team member achieve their own individual goals.
Spare is for the creative, the personal, the passionate, the uncompromising, and those who want to truly understand the impact transportation has on daily life. We’re still at the beginning of our story, and every team member has a key role in where we are headed.
✨What we offer ✨
A passionate, dedicated team, focused on innovation and building a world-class platform.
The opportunity to make an impact on communities around the world. Add an aspect of social good into your day!
We offer competitive salaries, equity, and a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and paramedical coverage, as well as an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support the wellbeing of you and your family (equivalent to 12 hours of counselling annually, as well as financial and caregiver support).
Health, wellness and education support through our $500 Lifestyle Spending policy. Take a course or buy a kayak – it’s on us!
Completely remote-optional work environment and beautiful downtown Vancouver office space if/when you prefer to be in the office.
An inclusive environment, where we focus every day on our people and the people in communities around us.
Spare Labs is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.