- Design and build Observable Systems and our Monitoring Infrastructure consisting of: Events Logging, Metrics, Distributed Tracing, Log Stream Processing.
- Create, maintain, and optimize integrations between our AWS infrastructure, Datadog, the Postgres clusters within Aurora, the frontend artifacts, etc.
- Own problems end-to-end, thinking through everything from system design, data modeling, scalability, operability and ongoing metrics.
- Write high-quality infrastructure-as-code that automates the provisioning, deployment, scaling, and monitoring of Canopy’s infrastructure and ensure it is redundant and reliable.
- Document and share the process and any code written.
- Deep experience managing large-scale software and distributed systems in *nix environments.
- An understanding of and experience with web application development.
- Understanding of: database design, caching, scalability, and network fundamentals.
- AWS’s API Gateway, Lambda, Aurora, CloudFormation