Lightspeed is seeking a full-time Office Manager to join the Amsterdam Operations team. Reporting to Team Lead or Manager, office management, the candidate would be responsible for creating an environment in which all Lightspeeders can do the best work of their lives and maintaining the high standard for our offices. The person will also be responsible for administrative tasks and in charge to make sure we never run out of supplies or coffee. If you’re a team player, service-oriented, have an eagle eye for detail, and able to think out of the box to provide creative solutions, this might be a position for you!
What you’ll be doing:
- Work together with the management team of Operations to develop innovative and efficient standard ways of working
- Keep the office a clean looking and organized, complying with the Lightspeed standard
- Ordering of office supplies and pantry
- Coordinate events for the office team or departments
- Maintaining a good relationship with vendors and finding the best fit for Lightspeed
- In collaboration with the Facility team, local oversight and coordination of property and facilities management – Review, prioritize and redistribute work where appropriate
- Be the first point of contact and the face of the office
- Manage the schedule of the meeting rooms
- Coordinate the fun stuff (birthdays!, seasonal events,…)
- Scheduling regular maintenance to keep our office looking good
- Assist with employee travel booking
- Handle incoming and outgoing mail, including shipping/couriers for the team
- Work together with the management team of Operations to execute and oversee services platforms/projects
Who you are:
- At least 1 year experience in the field of office management or related fields
- Fluency in Dutch and English
- Service-oriented, proactive and flexible
- Proven ability to handle urgent situations and work under pressure
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Excellent communication and multitasking skills
Even better if you have….
- Experience in SaaS businesses
- Interest in technology
What’s in it for you?
Come live the Lightspeed experience…
- Ability to do your job in a truly flexible environment;
- Opportunity to learn, expand your skill set, forge wonderful relationships and make your mark within the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family.
- Work in a team big enough for growth but lean enough to make a real impact.
… and enjoy a range of benefits that’ll keep you happy, healthy and (not) hungry:
- Lightspeed share scheme (we are all owners)
- Generous paid time off policy
- Flexible working policy
- Health and wellness benefits, including 400€ annual benefit + wellness and coaching app access
- Paid leave assistance for new parents
- LinkedIn learning license
- Annual volunteer day(s)
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Powering the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy, Lightspeed’s one-stop commerce platform helps merchants innovate to simplify, scale, and provide exceptional customer experiences. Our cloud commerce solution transforms and unifies online and physical operations, multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions, and connection to supplier networks.