We acknowledge that Bench headquarters is located on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territory of the Coast Salish Peoples, including the territories of the xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), and Səl̓ílwətaʔ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.
Our mission is to make a profound difference in the quality of life of one million people, by removing the financial complexity of entrepreneurship. Businesses need to understand their financial performance, but for many smaller ones, this means a trade-off between doing their books and running their businesses.
Bench solves this dilemma by taking bookkeeping off of their hands. Learn more about us on our About page.
We’re growing fast, and we’re looking for you to join us on this incredible journey.
What does the People Team look like?
We’re a warm and caring bunch, obsessed with creating an incredible place to work for our Benchmates. Check out our culture guide! We’re also one of the most critical functions in our business. The People Team carefully manages the employee experience from beginning to end. This is where you come in. Bench’s Environment team has a huge task at hand: we’re creating an environment where Benchmates feel a sense of belonging, and where they can do their life’s best work, no matter where they choose to contribute from. Our Vancouver office is set to reopen soon, and the Environment team is currently designing a fresh and invigorating hybrid office space to welcome people back. And, we now have Benchmates around the world, so we’ll be dreaming up new ways of bringing people together to connect, collaborate, celebrate and grow!
It’s a really exciting time to join this team – the way people like to work has evolved in front of our eyes and we get to build a workplace that empowers this shift towards personalized and flexible working arrangements.
What you’ll be getting up to:
- Oversee the end-to-end management of our Vancouver office:
- Partnering with Telus Gardens building management and security.
- Relationship management with our sublet tenants on the 3rd floor.
- Managing the Environment team.
- Seating plan design and optimization for our Benchmates experience.
- Partner with the City of Vancouver to ensure we have all our i’s dotted and t’s crossed.
- Maintain a healthy and safe workplace ensuring we have effective health and safety measures in place, we are consistently OH&S and COVID-19 compliant, adapting the office to new guidance from the public health authorities as needed.
- Lead office based health and safety training sessions for our people, as required.
- Own and manage the environment budget from top-to-bottom, from our office supplies to rent, to future office space expansion.
- Manage the selection and evaluation of our suppliers and vendors.
- Continuous improvement. We are going to learn a lot about how our Benchmates want to work in a post-pandemic world. You’ll listen to our people regularly and adapt our space in real time.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to have:
- 3+ years experience managing a multi-floor, rapidly growing, office environment.
- Experience managing office workplace health and safety from top to bottom.
- Experience managing multiple vendors and suppliers.
- A shining light. You are someone who is always willing to help others in need. You’re an ambassador for Bench and our office.
- Organizational wizardry. You take immense pride in keeping our office in impeccable shape and you foster a sense of ownership that is contagious.
- ‘Get Scrappy’ energy. You are highly motivated, proactive, comfortable with change and ambiguity. You have a humble, team-player attitude and are ready to pitch in wherever you are needed most.
- A+ Communication Skills. You’re a spokesperson for our office and our hybrid work environment. You seek to really truly listen to understand. You communicate complex ideas into small digestible pieces, knowing that communication is all about your audience.
It could be an even better fit if you have:
- Current level 2 first aid certification.
- Occupational Health & Safety certificate.
The extra details:
- This is a full-time permanent position because we want to spend lots of time with your wonderful self!
- This position offers an annual salary, stock options, and an extended benefits package that includes health, dental, and vision.
- Salary range: $90,640 – 113,300 per year
- All Benchmates have access to Inkblot Therapy, our virtual counselling service to support mental wellbeing, and Bravely, our confidential, on-demand, 1:1 professional coaching service.
- This is primarily an office-based role, based in Vancouver, with occasional remote work when appropriate for the team.
We believe that unchecked biases disproportionately impact the most marginalized people in society—including but not limited to BIPOC, LGBTQ2S+ people, immigrants, and people with disabilities. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or other marginalized communities because we believe that without you, we are all less. At Bench, we don’t stand for tokenism. We stand for representation.