We are looking for a hands-on operations lead to scale ClassDojo as we grow.
You’ll help scale our operations as our small team of 65 grows to 100+. As a strong generalist, you’ll be able to dig in across all of our internal operations, diagnose what’s needed, set strategy and get scrappy to execute on it.
ClassDojo serves 51 million children today, with a tiny team of 65. We are even tinier relative to the opportunity ahead to build the future of education. We have a staggering amount of work ahead to give every child on Earth an education they love. This means you have an unprecedented opportunity to make an impact, while also doing some of the most rewarding work of your life.
- Own and systematize internal company operations. This includes the legal, HR, IT and finance functions, and where possible, operational execution cadences.
- Collaborate with the leadership team to solve the highest leverage operational problems across the company.
- Explore opportunities for systems and infrastructure to accelerate company results, across all functions (e.g. marketing, customer support, product, data, etc).
- Establish and improve systems and processes that scale as we grow from 65 to 100+ people.
- Provide financial visibility to leadership team to inform decision-making, including owning the budgeting process across the company.
You might be a good fit if:
- You are deeply thoughtful about creating and scaling company cultures, and how to operationalize it.
- You bring a playbook for how to think about a broad range of operational and scaling problems, rather than just a playbook for specific strategies or tactics.
- You bring a strong holistic problem-solving ability and good strategic judgment. You have the ability to disaggregate complex problems and synthesize large amounts of quant and qual research into simple, actionable strategies.
- You have strong analytical and quantitative ability, with a proclivity for measuring and improving.
- You act as a high-functioning thought partner for leaders on strategy across a broad range of operational problems.
- You are an effective cross-functional collaborator with high-performing peers across a variety of functions.
- You have high standards for effectiveness and efficiency, both for yourself and others.
- You understand what an OODA loop is, and have demonstrated continuous improvement for yourself, your team and your organizations.
- You move faster than is comfortable; you raise the bar for speed of results.
- You are a builder and doer, and roll up your sleeves to get it done.
You should have:
- 7-10 years of operations or related experience at a quickly-scaling or 100 person+ company.
- Experience defining and scaling a high quality culture