Babylist is looking for an Outbound Operations Manager to join our growing e-commerce fulfillment operations team. You will manage daily pick, pack, and ship operations across multiple third-party fulfillment centers and drop shippers. You will develop standard order fulfillment workflows, productivity benchmarks to support order growth, and identify areas of opportunity for automated processes to drive increased fulfillment speed and cost efficiency. Partnering with the Data team, you will leverage order data to develop dashboards that will provide real time performance tracking of outbound orders. You will engage with partners in Vendor Management, Planning, Customer Service, and Merchandising to identify root cause of failed orders, and then implement corrective actions to prevent future failed orders. You will ensure the on-time shipment of daily orders by drafting, implementing, and maintaining standard operating procedures (SOP) across all order fulfillment partners.
As an Outbound Operations Manager at Babylist, you will help to deliver a best-in-class order fulfillment experience for our customers. At Babylist our mission is to help expecting parents get exactly what they need for the arrival of their new baby. You will support this mission by ensuring that all order contents are correct, that orders ship within their allotted time frames, and that any order discrepancies are corrected immediately. You will be a key member of the Operations team and will report to the Director of Supply Chain Operations.
What You’ll Do
- You will manage the business relationships between Babylist and its third party logistics (3PL) partners to ensure on time order fulfillment. You will be able to influence 3PL counterparts to address and correct order issues in a timely manner.
- You will be able to leverage your previous pick, pack, and ship experience to identify fulfillment process issues and advise 3PL partners on appropriate corrective actions and continuous improvement initiatives.
- You will work to develop a high performing outbound operations team focused on providing an outstanding order experience for our customers.
- Develop and implement order fulfillment standard operating procedures for each Babylist distribution partner facility.
- Create productivity dashboards to monitor real time status of outbound orders, communicate order KPIs, and provide strategic recommendations for continued on time order fulfillment.
- Develop and implement escalation and resolution procedures for late orders.
- Conduct weekly root cause analysis for mis-picked and mis-shipped orders and implement corrective actions to prevent future occurrences.
- Identify operational areas for continuous improvement across the Babylist order fulfillment network.
- Develop communication systems between 3PL partners, Drop Ship partners, Babylist HQ and remote operations teams regarding order delays, system issues, etc.
- You will coach and develop members on your team by setting clear goals and by providing regular feedback and training for each team member’s professional growth.
Who You Are
- You are passionate about providing our customers with a stellar and accurate order fulfillment experience
- You are not afraid to lean into problems to identify ways to improve the performance of the operation and team.
- You’re curious about answering the WHY through the analysis of order management data, you want to get to the root of the problem and are not satisfied with just solving the outcomes
- Proven track record of process building and management
- Proven ability to influence, with varying levels of seniority within an organization
- You’re self-directed, proactive, and able to define and execute projects independently
- A resilient, focused problem solver and self-starter, with the ability to multitask and prioritize in a complex, occasionally ambiguous environment
- You are adept with e-commerce order fulfillment best practices and managing data
What You’ve Done
- BS/BA in Supply Chain Management, Operations Management, Business Management, or related field
- 10+ years of experience in Ecommerce, Supply Chain field
- 6+ years of relevant professional work experience managing 3PL and distributed order fulfillment teams.
- Experience with Lean and Six Sigma methodologies and techniques
- Excel proficiency is required
Why You Will Love Working At Babylist
- We are a remote first company and invest in infrastructure you’ll need to be supported and successful: tools, opportunities to connect with colleagues, and a stipend to help you set up your office
- We build products that have a positive impact on millions of people’s lives
- We work at a sustainable pace which means work/life balance is a real thing here
- We believe technology and data can solve hard problems
- We believe in exceptional management
- We are committed to providing an actively antiracist organization and doing the work to support differences of all kinds
- We offer competitive pay and meaningful opportunities for career advancement
- We have great benefits like company paid medical, dental, and vision, a generous paid parental leave policy, and 401k with company match
- We care about employee wellbeing with perks for physical, mental and emotional health, parenting, childcare, and financial planning
Babylist is the leading destination for baby commerce, where 8 million people each year buy what they need to welcome a new baby. We serve parents and the community of grandparents, friends and relatives around each baby – connecting everyone who helps plan, prepare and shop for the new arrival. From the “add anything from anywhere” registry for new parents, to the expert advice and product ideas for gift givers, there is no more trusted, go-to solution for growing families.
If your experience is close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying. Experience comes in many forms – skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.