Who We Are
Babylist is the leading destination for baby commerce, where 8 million people each year discover and purchase items to help welcome a new baby. We serve parents and the community of grandparents, friends and relatives around each baby – connecting everyone who helps plan, prepare and shop for the new arrival. From the “add anything from anywhere” registry for new parents, to the expert advice and product ideas for gift givers, there is no more trusted, go-to solution for growing families.
Our Ways of Working
We’re a remote-first company with team members located across the United States spanning multiple time zones. This means we put in extra effort to make sure we connect and collaborate in ways that make sense for us. We know how valuable the flexibility of remote work is for our employees so people can get the work done in the way that suits them best. After all, many parents call Babylist their professional home, and sometimes, you just have to jump off that Zoom meeting to clean up that banana that’s getting stomped on by your 2 year old.
We know that personal connection is the foundation for the great work we do together. In order to quickly build those relationships, we offer the opportunity to meet with coworkers in person two times a year at a full company offsite and a departmental offsite. These are great opportunities to meet the people you work with every day and to do some of the work that is much more difficult to do virtually. Most of our roles are fully remote, but these opportunities to meet in person will involve limited amounts of travel. For some leaders, there might be more opportunities to get together in person that would require about 10% travel to Oakland, CA or elsewhere.
What the Role Is
Babylist is seeking a Paid Social Media Specialist to support our overall user acquisition and retention efforts across all paid channels including Facebook, Google, Pinterest, TikTok and more. You love building, analyzing, and optimizing ads across social media platforms, and have an incredible eye for detail. You’ll work primarily within the Growth Team, with opportunities to collaborate with other functions including Design, Ad Sales, and Content / Editorial.
Who you are
- You have strong analytical skills with proven ability to scrutinize large amounts of data and turn it into actionable initiatives (including both quantitative and qualitative data).
- You focus on results, and have a bias for action.
- You pride yourself on your creativity and willingness to try new things.
- You’re self-directed, proactive, and collaborative
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You have strong project management skills including: conceptualization, driving alignment, planning resources, managing deadlines and objectives, delivering analysis and recommendations
- You have at least 2-3 years experience building / managing advertising campaigns on Facebook (and ideally experience with one of our other primary advertising platforms: TikTok, Google, or Pinterest)
- You have experience in effective A/B testing and you can build experiment frameworks to drive results and gain insights
Your Core Competencies Might Include:
- Being Action Oriented
- Communicating Effectively
- Being Results Driven
- Analytical Mindset
How You’ll Make an Impact
- Support the creation of paid media strategies, rationales, and plans to meet team goals
- Build and optimize paid social campaigns, including but not limited to ad setup, strategy development, and test management
- Campaign set-up and management: target development, creative testing, bid and budget management, and optimizations
- Support the Paid Social Lead with the day-to-day management of campaigns, reporting, and related tasks
- Provide ongoing actionable insights into campaign performance to relevant stakeholders
- Ongoing use of reporting, analytics, and trend tools for weekly, monthly, and quarterly reporting
- Manage to channel budget and CAC targets
- Maintain knowledge of industry best practices and new technologies
- Collaborate with the Design team to ensure creative specifications of experiments are met
- Manage creative projects with our internal team, keeping track of deadlines, feedback, and other details
Why You Will Love Working At Babylist
- We are a remote first company and invest in infrastructure you’ll need to be supported and successful: tools, opportunities to connect with colleagues, and a stipend to help you set up your office
- We build products that have a positive impact on millions of people’s lives
- We work at a sustainable pace which means work/life balance is a real thing here
- We believe technology and data can solve hard problems
- We believe in exceptional management
- We are committed to providing an actively antiracist organization and doing the work to support differences of all kinds
- We offer competitive pay and meaningful opportunities for career advancement
- We have great benefits like company paid medical, dental, and vision, a generous paid parental leave policy, and 401k with company match
- We care about employee wellbeing with perks for physical, mental and emotional health, parenting, childcare, and financial planning
If your experience is close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying. Experience comes in many forms – skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.