Our growing team is fully remote and distributed, which means we can collaborate from wherever works best for each team member. With staff and clients from Los Angeles to Lagos, South America to Central Europe, we currently operate across 10 time zones (UTC+2 or Central European Time to UTC-8 or Pacific Standard Time).
What we’re looking for
We’d love to hear from you if…
…You’re the kind of person who
- Values diverse, inclusive teams and creating an environment where people of all identities, experiences, and backgrounds can thrive
- Embraces an environment where you’ll be exposed to a variety of companies, business challenges, and tools/software
- Thrives or would thrive in a remote-first, distributed work environment
- Appreciates thinking about the “why” in addition to the “how”
- Indexes on executing quickly while being process-oriented, creating documentation and playbooks to streamline and optimize for efficiency
…As a partnerships professional, you’ve
- Had plenty of experience building and managing relationships – you may have a background in channel management, sales, account management, partner operations, or other related roles
- Independently driven negotiations to completion and identified blockers and potential tradeoffs
- Worked regularly on process improvement and documentation using Excel and project management tools such as Confluence and Jira
- Honed your project management skills, frequently working cross-functionally and collaboratively to plan and execute initiatives
And you may have done some of these things…
- Worked with technical stakeholders and in the world of data
- Worked in a consulting, SaaS, or e-commerce company
- Worked in or had exposure to a procurement process
- Leveraged a CRM such as Hubspot or Salesforce
Things you might do at Brooklyn Data
- Manage deals between our clients and vendor partners, including negotiating pricing and terms with our partners on behalf of our clients, educating our team and clients on vendor commercials, and creating/improving on documentation and playbooks for this process
- Connect with and evaluate new partners, identifying areas to work together and initiating enablement activities (e.g., organizing demos or lunch and learns)
- Spearhead joint events with our partners to drive mutual value and brand awareness
- Leverage your sales/business acumen, executive-level communication skills, and strategic thinking to uncover new revenue opportunities with partners, in collaboration with the Head of Partnerships
- Collaborate cross-functionally on marketing efforts such as case studies, blogs, white papers, etc.
- Work with the Head of Partnerships on joint go-to-market strategies with Brooklyn Data’s partners
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends, market opportunities, and current events pertaining to the modern data/cloud data space
What it’s like working at Brooklyn Data
What to expect from the screening process
- Kick-start questions – Your answers to the application questions will help us understand how your experience and interests map to what we need to grow the team. Note that as part of our blind review process, we don’t review resumes at the application stage. Your application answers carry all the weight at this point in our screening process.
- Intro Chat – You’ll speak to a manager about your background and interests and get a chance to learn more about Brooklyn Data.
- Work on problems that reflect the job – You’ll submit your responses to a set of exercises designed to reflect the technical and communication skills you’ll need on the job. We hope it both gives us a sense of your skills and you a sense of day-to-day work at Brooklyn Data. We’ll pay you a stipend for your time so that the time (about 4 hours worth) doesn’t create an unfair barrier for any applicants.
- Chat with your potential future co-workers by phone or Zoom – You’ll chat for about an hour with a few of the people you’ll be working with. We’ll share our key questions in advance, because we want to level the introvert / extrovert playing ground, to have you as much at ease as possible, and to make the best possible use of our time together. You’ll also have some time to ask questions of the team.
- References – We’ll ask to speak to two or three people who can speak to your work.
- Our decision – If you’re selected, we’ll make an offer and open the avenues for communication with our team members to support you in making your decision. If you’re not selected in the current round, we promise to give you some context as to why not, if you’d find that useful. Keep in mind that we’re growing, and we expect there to be many future opportunities!
- 100% premium-covered healthcare + dental + vision coverage for you (and partner or family)
- 401(k) with 3% company contribution
- Life, AD&D, and long-term disability insurance
- Paid parental leave (12 weeks birthing parent, 6 weeks non-birthing parent)
- 18 days paid time off, holidays (including a week off in December), and 2 floating holidays
- $1500 for equipment and office setup allowance
- $1500 per calendar year for continuing education