Bitso is seeking a highly creative, clever, achieving, team player and confident engineer to join as a Payments Crypto Engineer on the Payments Guild.
As a Payments Crypto Engineer, you write and ship code for our most important services in our financial ecosystem integration backbone. This includes being the guardian and owner not only of the code, but of the whole process involved from the design to the final delivery as well. You will be incorporating new crypto currencies into the Bitso ecosystem, ensuring the accuracy of all transactions, solving business and customer common problems, give new solutions proposals, Engage on code reviews with other teammates, be part of our Agile environment, and internal project development focused on data-analysis or inter-team enabling. The position is limited only by imagination and capability.
In Bitso, your highly valued ideas will be translated into solutions that will be shipped immediately and its impact far reaching. You will have freedom to be creative and also put the best of your abilities in a challenging environment by working efficiently while being a team player to help accomplish our Big Hairy Audacious Goal.
- Responsible for building and maintaining crypto on/off ramps rails
- Understand the requirements of Bitso’s Crypto products
- Design and implement software tests
- Engage on code reviews to maintain the highest level of quality standard.
- Help and correct bugs on our financial platform.
- Drive new feature development cooperatively with the Agile Squad.
- Architect solutions and improvement to scale our product and financial platforms.
- Ship high performance code designed for high scale, high growth, high visibility markets for every day hundreds of thousands of users.
- Assure the integrity, solvency, and security of the exchange.
Who you are:
- A true engineer and computer scientist, not only in the language of your preference but capable of quickly learning and understanding concepts you may be unfamiliar with in a language agnostic fashion
- A team player. Have a demonstrated ability to work in an Agile environment together as a team both cross functionally and with other engineers putting ego aside and the common good first.
- Working previously with On-ramp and off-ramp payments development, and have familiarity with software based financial integrity processes.
- You have solid experience in managing Cryptocurrencies 3rd party providers that involves flow of funds
- You have solid knowledge on Blockchain and Crypto (Bitcoin, Ethereum, ERC20 Tokens).
- You have knowledge on Decentralized Finance Protocols (DeFi), layer 2 solutions (Lightning Network, Plasma, rollups) and other products (NFTs) is a plus.
- Have experience in collaborating and being part of high performing teams based on an Agile Environment, planning and shipping new products.
- Have at least 5 years of experience working on back end projects with Java stack technologies.
- Know the best practices and patterns in software engineering to ensure the reliability of the built solutions.
- A professional with excellent verbal and written language communication skills (English language proficiency required)
Bitso is Latin America’s leading cryptocurrency platform. Our goal is to evolve how we think about and use money. We believe that we should all have the opportunity to use our money whenever we want it, and how we want it, without boundaries or schedules. To achieve this, we provide individuals with fast, cheap, seamless and user-friendly financial services powered by blockchain technology.
Cryptocurrencies do not rely on intermediaries to give them legitimacy or value. Instead, they are valuable because of the peer-to-peer technology that powers them. We firmly believe in crypto and the use cases it has. It’s time for the world to upgrade to a fair, open, transparent, and global financial system for all. #makecryptouseful.
Visit us at https://bitso.com/
Bitso promotes an environment where people are treated fairly and with respect, free of discrimination, bullying, harassment, violence or threats.
- Purpose: You’ll be part of something bigger, working towards financial disruption and inclusion across Latin America.
- Culture: You’ll work in a thriving, friendly, and fun environment that promotes open discussions, jokes, learning, video games, and lots of fun.
- People: You’ll work with some of the most driven and intelligent people in the crypto space, engaging with a network of diverse talent from 25+ nationalities bound by our quest to #makecryptouseful.
- Salary: We pay competitively in the countries where we operate.
- Venue: Work from wherever you want, work asynchronously; this role is fully remote to give you maximum freedom.
- Unlimited Paid Time-Off: You choose your number of days off. Recharge batteries and enjoy who you are outside the office
- This role is expected to work remotely.
- These are the applicable requisites, although equivalent competencies in any of the above will also be considered.