People Operations Generalist
Guru is looking for an exceptional People Operations Coordinator to join our growing Operations team. At Guru, onboarding is a team effort and is essential to our company’s and employees’ success. You will play a key role in owning the administrative lift that leads to streamlining our processes and therefore improving employee experience. Our team will look to you for knowledge on people operations processes, assist with onboarding and offboarding, as well as support for broader operations initiatives. This role requires a strong support philosophy and the ability to complete detailed administrative tasks with a high degree of accuracy. In addition, this role will expose you to various projects across People Ops and DEI. We love and encourage innovative thinking so you will be empowered to initiate and lead projects to create or optimize internal processes. Strong sense of humor required, sarcasm detection skills a plus.
- Own personnel action workflows: from onboarding, offboarding and every stage of the employee life cycle in between
- Perform hiring screenings and background checks
- Assign onboarding buddies to new hires
- Provide support for benefits and open enrollment
- Be a Subject Matter Expert(SME) for all things People Ops; including collaboration with the internal communication team
- Maintain updated and organized team data within the People Ops Guru Collection
- Update internal systems to reflect changes in our organizational structure
- Respond to or redirect in-bound People Ops inquiries and requests in a timely effective manner; such as payroll questions, employment verifications, how-to’s, etc.
- Propose, design, and implement new or improved processes to increase efficiency
- Serve as a partner for People Managers to administering HR programs, policies, processes, and practices
- Evolve and nurture our company culture
- 2-4 years of entry-level Human Resources experience required
- Strong support philosophy with a people-first mentality
- Conceptual knowledge of Human Resources theories, practices and procedures
- Exposure to Labor Laws and Employment Equity regulations preferred
- Familiarity with HRIS technology like Paycom or other equivalent tools
- Process-driven problem solver who specializes in seeing gaps within their own processes and suggesting ways to bridge those gaps
- Dedicated and eager to remove all operational friction
- Soft skills: Organized, procedural critical thinker, effective and sincere communicator with a passion to learn and grow in HR!
Benefits to you:
- Competitive salary
- Employee Stock Option Plan
- Generous benefits package
- Professional Development & Wellness Allowance
- The chance to contribute to an upbeat, fully engaged culture
Guru is a dynamic, fast growing start-up based in Philadelphia and San Francisco. Our mission is to reinvent the way people connect with meaningful information at work. Guru’s knowledge management solution provides customer-facing teams access to expert-verified information where they work and when they need it most. We believe in cultivating a welcoming, inclusive culture that encourages personal growth through working hard and having fun.
Launched in September 2015, our vision is backed by an amazing group of investors including FirstMark Capital, Salesforce, Michael Dell, the Slack Fund, Emergence Capital, Thrive Capital and Accel. As we enter the next exciting stage of expansion, we’re searching for passionate individuals to join our rapidly growing team.
This is a full-time position that can be Remote or based out of our Philadelphia or San Francisco offices. Re-location and/or Visa Sponsorship is not included in our hiring package. Applicants will need to be authorized to work in the US.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. All are welcome here. At Guru, being inclusive is very important to us. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, age, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identification, veteran status or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.