You will join our team as our first designated Human Resources hire. You will lead our HR strategy including hiring, onboarding, diversity & inclusion, learning & development, and employee happiness. You’ll have the freedom to implement processes and to drive change across the organization.Your immediate responsibilities will be focused on standardizing our HR processes and defining initiatives that will help increase employee engagement within our remote organization. You’ll then work to build out a world-class HR function that can support a rapidly-growing, international organization.
- Employee experience: ensure that each new hire has a seamless experience from offer through their initial onboarding; understand employee sentiment and propose solutions to senior management
- HR administration: ensure that payroll runs smoothly and that we have all necessary employee information; manage our HR software (Gusto); manage compensation, benefits, leave, disciplinary matters and other employee-related matters
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: create and lead strategic initiatives to help create a culture of inclusion across all Chromatic teams; lead internal trainings and events to promote a safe, respectful work environment
- Remote culture: work with senior team members to define a remote work strategy that allows all team members to perform their best work and promotes a culture of engagement
- Process improvement and documentation: maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law; build a PeopleOps infrastructure that can effectively scale as our organization goes from 20 to 100 people over the next ~2 years
- Legal compliance: stay current on employee legislation and develop internal policies and procedures to support a scaling company; serve as main point of contact for administrative matters
- 4+ years of experience as an HR business partner, preferably with experience at fast-growing technology companies
- A good listener who enjoys interacting with others and is open to feedback
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills that will enable you to develop relationships with all members of our team, regardless of tenure or position
- Experience implementing HR programs such as compensation review process, HR compliance, and employee development/growth
- Able to handle confidential information with discretion and deal with professionals inside and outside the company
- Tech-savvy with the ability to learn new tools quickly and find tools to help automate workflows
- A self-starter looking to grow and willing to own projects from start to finish with limited supervision
Why work here?
Build the tools behind the biggest sites. Our products help companies develop UIs for hundreds of millions of people.
Have a big impact and learn a ton by working across open source, cloud services, and developer experience. You’ll ship products you can be proud of.
Now is the best time to join. Storybook is one of the fastest growing open source projects with wide adoption. We’re profitable and scaling quickly with customers like Shopify, Adobe, and BBC.
- Be respectful
- Take pride in the work
- Invest in each other
- Inspire others to grow
- Outcome over ego
- Don’t overthink it
- This is supposed to be fun
- Work from anywhere
- Annual retreats
- Health benefits for you and yours
- Parent and family-friendly
- Home office setup stipend
- Learning stipend
- Unlimited vacation
Everyone talks to customers
The best way to serve customers is to talk to them. We schedule one day a week for you to get to know our users first-hand. You’ll learn about their challenges, answer questions, implement improvements, and support their success.
Our top secret business model
Build an open source project to scratch our own itch. Build production-grade cloud services that complement the open source project. Use that money to build more open source stuff. Along the way, make UI development faster and more satisfying for everyone. About us
Join an inclusive team
We’re an equal opportunity employer. We don’t discriminate based on race, nationality, belief system, sexual orientation, gender, age, military service, marital or partnership status, family or parental status, disability or any other status protected by law. View other openings