About the Role
At Chain.io we are disruptive risk-takers. We don’t have a traditional way of doing things, and will do whatever it takes to build and design a product that improves customer value and experiences. Be a part of the future of technology and make an impact on an evolving industry. Our people are incredibly important to our success and one of the top reasons we will succeed as a company. We are growing incredibly fast and this role fuels that growth and organizational structure. Under direction from the VP of People, we are hiring the first People Operations Manager role to better enable us to deliver on the increasing needs for operational excellence, global standardized processes, and service deliveries, always with our customers at the center.
You will work to make Chain.io the best job people have and continually look for ways to improve and perform people operations work that is responsible for the employee experience; whether this is building upon our excellent culture or thinking about performance development, or the employee onboarding experience. Additionally, you will build processes and structure so that Chain.io can handle the headcount growth we expect to go through globally over the next few years. Growth typically comes with many fun challenges, and you will tackle them with vigor and excitement. Most importantly, you are curious, have a digital mind-set, are customer oriented and want to be an innovator in Chain.io as we embark on a journey of transformational changes and opportunities that are created as we become more and more driven in our People operations.
We are looking for an ambitious People Operations Manager who will play a key role in transforming traditional People processes into a world class digital operation. If you find passion and motivation in maneuvering in a fast-changing cross-functional environment, interacting with internal colleagues in IT, Finance, Operations and other parts of the organization then this may be the opportunity for you. In return for your engagement and curiosity we will provide great leadership, global challenges to sharpen your skills, and an opportunity for a stellar career growth path.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Reports to the VP of People and company leadership to develop, implement, and monitor tactical Compliance, Organizational and People related initiatives.
- Daily tasks will be a mix of traditional People support as well as project-oriented tasks regarding digitalization, process implementation and improvement.
- Review, analyze and gather data with useful People metrics, KPIs, and reporting such as compensation, data analysis, and workforce planning.
- Ensure compliance that is not limited to assistance on internal audit efforts and documentation relative to key compliance initiatives for the People team, including EEO, DE&I.
- Manage projects and administer People programs; recommend and support the standardization of processes and efficiencies where applicable, and maintain accuracy of data across all the systems.
- Act as 1st line of support for our internal stakeholders to answer questions or requests related to policies, data, processes or other People services.
- Oversee and organize a performance appraisal system that drives high performance processes and ensure all reviews are scheduled on-time and with proper notice as well as manage and maintain upskill, cross-skill, and promotion radars.
- Provides ad hoc support in the areas of staffing, recruitment, employee relations, salary administration, employee training/orientation, and offboarding.
- Support employee engagement surveys and provide insights to improve employee experience.
- Be a custodian of our culture; work on ways to solidify camaraderie in a remote environment. Understand what makes us great, and help us embed our values into everything we do, across departments and locations.
Qualifications and Skillsets
- At least 3-5+ years of people operations leadership and human resources project management experience.
- Experience working at a growth stage SaaS company strongly preferred.
- Be progressive, forward thinking and passionate about modern People philosophies.
- Strong data visualization, reporting and data-driven-decision making capabilities.
- Solid ATS knowledge, preferably with Bamboo and other HRIS systems.
- Support current and future business needs through the development, engagement, motivation and preservation of human capital.
- Diversity & inclusion policy experience.
- Proven ability to execute in a high growth, fast changing environment and build processes that will help us scale.
- Entrepreneurial, passionate about people and eager to help our business grow.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Team building and coaching experience is a plus.
- Self-motivated and effective time management skills for setting your own schedule in a remote environment.
- Strong sense of ownership; driving initiatives from inception to completion.
Who We Are
Chain.io is a fast growing, remote-first logistics technology software company and has developed an industry leading logistics integration software platform for 3PLs, Freight Forwarders, Shippers and SAAS providers who need to integrate with customers, agents, suppliers and other systems. Once a client is connected to Chain.io’s platform, they have access to pre-built best practice business processes including bookings, shipments, purchase orders, ASNs, status updates, documents, invoices, and more. They also have access to other prebuilt adaptors with our SaaS customers on the platform.
At Chain.io our employees are our number one asset, and we continue to be a tight-knit community where each of us has a critical role in our success. We’re building a culture where differences are valued and welcomed. Our commitment to diversity drives innovation, enables better decisions to support our customers, and inspires change for the better. We work together to bring out the best in each other and depend on a rich blend of ideas, backgrounds, soft skills and working styles in our quest to change the world for the better. We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying.
Video from Founder & CEO Brian Glick: https://vimeo.com/385263719
Compensation and Benefits Overview
- Our Brand and Culture is more than how we market our products; it’s a way of thinking and a way of being in and out of the office.
- We believe in 4 main principles – Nice, Authentic, Accessible and Professional at all times.
- Our salary will match and or exceed your prior skills, industry knowledge and experience.
- We give our employees a flexible work schedule, where you have the ability to work remotely and set your own work hours.
- WE care about outcomes, more than how many hours you clock.
- A balanced life is important to a healthy work environment.
- PTO overview – you are required to use at least 10 days per year with a soft ceiling of 20 days (very flexible if you need to go over).
- We offer you subsidized Health and Dental insurance as well as 401K.
- Stock options are assigned for all new employees.
- We give you the opportunity to be reimbursed for conferences and professional development.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
***YOU MUST BE A CITIZEN OF NORTH AMERICA OR HAVE A WORKING VISA OR PERMIT TO APPLY TO THIS POSITION***