String and Key is a research and development studio that is building digital platforms that will change the way people manage and protect their money. We’re looking for a dynamic and experienced performance marketer who knows how to navigate competitive markets and deliver results.
At String and Key, we recently built Wyshbox, which is a whole new way to talk about and sell life insurance to a younger audience. Customers build their own personalized policies around their “Wyshes” — the things that they want to have happen, if anything happens to them. From sending their kids to college to shooting their ashes into space – this isn’t your traditional insurance. It’s 100% online on the web, iOS, or Android. No agents and no hassles.
The Performance Marketing Manager will be responsible for performance optimization and managing our primary acquisition channels – Paid Search, Social Media, Affiliates and Native advertising. Key success is also measured in the ability to identify opportunities and new trends in a growing and competitive industry.
What we’re looking for:
- A CAC obsessed data analyst
- Strong collaborator within an organization
- Communication skills that deliver clear direction
- Proactive work ethic that inspires others
- Multi-Tasker in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail and data-oriented
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
You will work daily with creative, technology and marketing teams to enhance the customer journey, and understand how users behave along the path to purchase.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Ownership of the data and analytics of our customer success, and use that data to inform optimizations.
- Develop new marketing initiatives to increase customer acquisition, based on product and audience data.
- Identify new growth and marketing opportunities that are outside of our existing plan
- Providing clear and consistent performance reports to key stakeholders in senior management.
- Partners with creative and marketing teams to analyze and act on performance insights.
- Monitors industry and category innovations, news and business to determine potential impact on our business and partners to adjust marketing plan accordingly.
- Analyze key channel metrics on a weekly basis and provide data-driven recommendations to scale acquisition efforts efficiently
- Experiment with new paid marketing channels and scale them up from scratch.
- Test different landing pages to improve conversion metrics.
- Collaborate with our product and data teams on ways to optimize full-funnel conversion.
You are an ideal candidate for this role if you have:
- A Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Marketing or a quantitative field or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years of experience managing Paid Acquisition channels (AdWords, Social Media, Leadgen, Native…).
- 2+ years experience working with a D2C fintech or insurtech product.
- Expertise in Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, DSP software, and A/B Testing tools.
- Successful track record of delivering outstanding business results in online marketing channels.
- Broad expertise in online marketing’s concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Strategic mindset with the ability to not only create the plan but roll up your sleeves and tactically drive home implementation.
- Familiar with SQL and BigQuery.
- Deeply analytical approach to producing marketing outcomes.
- Experience working with 3rd party agencies.
- Ability to work cross-functionally and collaborate with other departments such as IT, Finance, HR, and Business Development to deliver joint projects.
- Experience working at a fast-paced growth-stage company.
- A combination of paid marketing experience, analytical problem solving, interpersonal skills, and a strong operational mentality.
- Experience testing and scaling new paid marketing channels from the ground up.
- Your own unique talents – we encourage you apply even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications above.
- Flextime Options
- Remote Work Options
- Unlimited Time Off
- Paid Summer Fridays
- Paid Holidays
- Stocked Kitchen
- Quarterly Culture Club Events
- Paid Parental Leave
- Remote Work Stipend
- Gym Reimbursement
- Full Employee Medical Coverage
- 4% Match 401(K)
- Transit/Parking Stipend
Exact compensation range is determined based on your region, years of experience, and specific skill set, using aggregate market data from PayScale.
We are a tight knit, rapidly growing team who love what we do and take work-life balance and professional development as seriously as our products. If you are someone who takes ownership of your projects and thrives in a fast paced environment, let’s chat!
String and Key is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.