Disruptive Games is a veteran development studio specializing in multiplayer and online experiences. We are an independently owned studio working on a AAA, fully-funded title with original IP!
We’re expanding our fully-remote team with people who share our passion for collaborative, multiplayer gameplay.
We’re looking for a Physics Engineer that can collaborate closely with art and design to achieve outstanding physics-based gameplay in a multiplayer setting. You’ll develop tools and workflow improvements to accelerate team production and ensure high quality solutions to difficult problems.
What You’ll Do:
- Implement underlying physics based mechanics that support multiplayer inside of Unreal Engine 5, leveraging the new Chaos physics engine that replaces PhysX.
- Work closely with content creators on feature implementation, providing technical and design feedback; expand and adapt designs to meet project goals
- Optimize physics solutions for multiplayer on a dedicated server, and support network replication strategies for game feel and responsiveness.
- Provide time estimates to leads and management; keeps co-workers up-to-date on progress of programming work as well as non-programming feature dependencies
- Participate in feature and code reviews; strong collaborator willing to accept and respond to critical feedback
- Independently recognize opportunities to improve our games, tools, engine or general workflow; and seek to make these changes
What You’ll Bring:
- Desire and willingness to work on complex problems; ability to design, develop, and iterate on solutions around physics and multiplayer gameplay.
- Excellent mathematics background, with an emphasis on 3D physics
- Experience with physical mechanics of vehicles such as suspension, torque, friction, and wheel mechanics
- Shipped one or more multiplayer games while contributing to networked physics simulation
- Professional experience working in the video game industry
- Excellent C++ knowledge and some knowledge of other languages (C#, Shells, etc)
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Professional experience with Unreal Engine
- Console development experience
- Experience as a team or group lead
- Shipped one or more AAA game title(s)
- Experience with PhysX, Havok, or other physics simulation packages in a video game environment.
- Avid Gamer, with a passion for multiplayer games