Awesome tech is made by awesome people. And we’re always looking for new team members who bring the energy, passion, commitment, and collaboration that has made Auth0 the great company it is today.
So what do we exactly build? Auth0 is an authentication and authorization platform designed by developers for developers. Basically, we make companies’ login boxes safe, secure, and seamless for anyone logging in. Our mission is to secure the world’s identities so innovators can innovate. But it’s a big mission that requires a lot of teamwork.
Words, code, or people, whatever your skill, there’s a place for you here
Auth0 is looking for a Platform Security Engineer to join the Platform Security team to work directly with our engineering partners to build Auth0’s future infrastructure stack. Successful candidates will have a passion for building reliable and scalable distributed systems, a technical background, hands-on experience in developing cloud systems at scale, a solid understanding of security controls, how to design enterprise systems for security, strong threat modeling experience, and the ability to collaborate with others to drive initiatives forward. In this role, you will have the opportunity to significantly contribute to making Auth0’s future platform infrastructure secure by design.
What You Will Do
- Collaborate with Security and Engineering teams to incorporate strong security controls, apply security best practices in our development life cycle, and mitigate risks and security vulnerabilities.
- Promote and drive the implementation of a platform security architecture that supports Engineering’s goals and deliverables, through collaboration, design, requirements, and code.
- Contribute to defining the n+1 cloud infrastructure maturity level and help to achieve goals that get us there.
- Implement technical prototypes to understand new technologies as well as identify and manage risks for projects in active development.
- Contribute to improving Auth0’s platform security patterns, security controls and best practices.
- Mentor team members and engineers on security best practices, and develop the next generation of technical security leaders
What You Bring
- 5+ years software development and security engineering experience
- Passion for building secure, reliable and scalable distributed systems in collaboration with multiple teams.
- Experience with multi-cloud environments, container deployments, CI/CD pipelines, and orchestration with Kubernetes.
- Strong experience with AWS services and security controls and preferably hands-on experience with Azure.
- Proficiency with Go, Node.js and one or more scripting languages.
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code and using automation tools like Terraform.
- Solid understanding of what it takes to build and operate secure systems at scale.
- Excellence at creating clarity and alignment for technical initiatives.
Auth0 makes the internet safer by safeguarding billions of login transactions each month.
Our team is spread across more than 35 countries and we are proud to continually be recognized as a great place to work. Culture is critical to us, and we are transparent about our vision and principles. We practice N+1>N which applies to everything from our people to how we iterate our tech; we believe in one team, one score; and we give a shit about everything we do.
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don’t apply unless they meet all the job criteria. We aren’t looking for someone who ticks every single box on a page; we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences. If you think you’d be a great fit, then please get in touch to tell us about yourself.
Auth0, recently acquired by Okta, is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Auth0 conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship status, genetics, or status as a Vietnam-era special disabled and other covered veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Auth0 participates in E-Verify and will confirm work authorization for candidates residing in the United States.