Are you passionate about creating meaningful, successful, and mutually beneficial relationships? Does picking up the phone and cold calling a potential new partner excite you? Are you motivated to build a new program and look forward to putting your stamp on the successes and failures? Have you been in a marketing role and people tell you, “you could be a great salesperson,” or vice versa? You’re looking for a big challenge that holds big opportunities—and you’ll find that at Thinkific!
Thinkific Plus is designed for larger ventures with more aggressive growth goals requiring scalable hosting infrastructure. As the Plus Partnerships Specialist, you’ll play a key role in identifying, planning, and fulfilling strategic partnership initiatives to help meet our revenue targets for Thinkific Plus. These include partnerships with professional or industry associations, accelerators, banks who work with mid-sized businesses, and investors. This is done through, though not limited to, co-marketing campaigns with partners, webinars, event sponsorships, partnership campaigns, and virtual events—all of which you’ll have the opportunity to contribute to both planning and executing!
In this role, you will:
- Support in the development and implementation of commercial and strategic relationships with organizations to help meet our revenue targets. These include partnerships with associations, accelerators, banks who work with mid-sized businesses, and investors
- Initiate partnerships from all available sources, including inbound, outbound, and network prospects
- Maintain regular contact with partners to ensure all stakeholders have a clear understanding of requirements and expectations
- Develop and execute on co-marketing opportunities with partners in order to drive new leads and customers to Thinkific Plus. These include webinars, participation in LinkedIn forums, virtual conferences, and more
- Own a virtual summit focused on Thinkific Plus, from planning, executing and reporting on its success
- Make our partners fall in love with Thinkific Plus—proactively solve & troubleshoot partner issues and concerns to ensure a positive Thinkific partner experience
To be successful in this role, you must:
- Have 2+ years of experience in a partnership, business development, or a similar role in a B2B or B2C SaaS environment
- Be technically savvy and comfortable working with a number of different marketing tools
- Demonstrate effective written and verbal communication, from thoughtfully crafted emails to our partners to speaking as a guest on a podcast
- Be exceptionally organized, with a proven ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Have strong business acumen, be goal-oriented and a self-starter
- Care about building meaningful and successful relationships with partners and team members, putting your interpersonal skills to good use through collaboration
You might be the person we’re looking for if you:
- Are eager to learn and grow—you’ve likely had some post-secondary education or have equivalent professional experience in a similar role, and you continue to seek opportunities to level up your skills
- Love data and believe strongly in data-driven decision making
- Have experience using Salesforce, ActiveCampaign, Zoom, and Unbounce
- Feel confident on camera and can think (and respond!) on your feet
- Are team-oriented but can also get heads down to work independently
- Are adaptable and solutions-focused—you have a roll-up-the-sleeves, get it done attitude
- Demonstrate a track record of successful project management
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Have a strong drive to make an immediate impact on our partners and course creators
Bonus points if you:
- Bring previous sales or account management experience—extra bonus if this has been in the tech industry
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovate to achieve great results
- Are passionate about online learning and business growth. We’re building our own company by helping thousands of entrepreneurs around the globe build theirs—it doesn’t get more rewarding than this!
This is an incredible role for the right candidate. We can’t wait to meet you!
We’re about the results of online learning and the people along the way! Thinkific is a software platform that enables entrepreneurs to create, market, sell, and deliver their own online courses.
Our mission is no less than to revolutionize the way people learn and earn online by giving them the tools they need to turn their expertise into a sustainable business that impacts both them and their audience. We believe in meaningful, innovative work: we’re building and expanding an incredible product that empowers course creators around the globe while working collaboratively to learn and succeed together. Together, we’ve served over 50,000 course creators and more than 25 million students, and these numbers are growing each day!
Why we think you’ll like working with us:
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and driven people focused on building and innovating on a best-in-class learning platform
- Make an impact with your work—each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals and every day, we get to see how Thinkific is empowering both course creators and their students
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Canada and find opportunities to grow in your own career—offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- Contribute to Thinkific’s award-winning culture—we’re one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures and a certified Great Place to Work!
- We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, and mental health coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support the wellbeing of you and your family
- Whether you’re at our Vancouver HQ or working from home, you’ll have the opportunity to build meaningful relationships with Thinkers on your team and across the company through team-wide events, meet and greets with new team members, and regular social events
- Have fun with our team, even while we’re working remotely—join us for an online games session, virtual trivia and paint nights, at-home fitness challenges, or even an online coffee brewing demo!
- Get additional health and wellness support through a lifestyle or health spending account to put your dollars where you need it most, whether that’s subsidizing your gym membership, covering out-of-pocket expenses, or getting new gear
- Enjoy our open vacation policy and flexible work environment, because we know the importance of having a great work-life balance (and sometimes, you do your best work in slippers)
- Learn and Grow is one of our values and we take it seriously, providing opportunities through lunch and learns, training, workshops, mentorship, and our $1500 education allowance
- Grow your career AND your family at Thinkific—you’ll be taken care of with our parental leave top-ups as you add to your family
- Meet the many @dogsofthinkific (and yes, they’re as cute and cuddly as they look)
- Work with the hardware you’re most comfortable with, and upgrade or replace your system when you need to with our technology bonus
- Get set up for success, whether that’s at the office or at home. Whether you need a monitor, laptop stand, keyboard, mouse, or even a desk, we’ll work to ensure you have what you need to do your best work
- Be confident bringing your whole self to work—we’re proud to be an inclusive company with a diverse team and values grounded in ethics and equality
- Here at Thinkific, we know that the different perspectives on our team have led to amazing ideas, more innovation, and, ultimately, our success as a company. Our team welcomes applicants of all backgrounds, experiences, beliefs, identities, and statuses. Whoever you are—we can’t wait to meet you!