This is a remote position and can be located anywhere in Canada
AS THE WORLD MOVES TO FHIR, THERE ARE PLENTY OF REASONS TO SMILE
Smarter decisions, fewer barriers, and better incentives are just the beginning. Smile CDR makes it easy for healthcare stakeholders to collect and exchange data with our leading FHIR-based data liberation platform.
We reduce barriers between information and care for those who deliver or consume health services and products and whose roles or care are hindered by fractured, inaccessible or complex information systems.
Let’s make a difference!
BE PART OF THE TEAM WORKING TOWARDS #BETTERGLOBALHEALTH
The Project Portfolio Manager is responsible for leading and overseeing the assigned projects within their portfolio, including the entire life-cycle of the projects and programs. This includes initiation to implementation, ensuring that all hours are tracked for billing purposes and ensuring that the assigned staff delivers on timelines and business requirements for each client project. This role ensures the portfolio delivers the agreed objectives and that agreed projects are completed to a consistently high standard, within budget, on time and are aligned appropriately with project management best practices.
- Identify, prioritize, and coordinate project and program resources engaged with all initiatives within the assigned project portfolio.
- Ensure that all hours for assigned staff are tracked and reported in accordance with the policies and requirements of Smile.
- Accountable for ensuring the profitability of portfolios and project implementations through time tracking, billable hours and reporting.
- Ensure the oversight and coordination of dependencies across the projects and programs in the portfolio, and resolve or escalate conflicts.
- Responsible for senior engagement and reporting on the state and performance of initiatives within the selected project portfolio (Resourcing, budget, timeline, scope, risks/issues).
- Accountable for identifying project staffing needs, as mandated and resourced by leadership.
- Ensure and balance the required skills and competencies available across project and program teams within the project portfolio.
- Ensure the timely and accurate implementation of client projects assigned within the portfolio.
- Requires regular monitoring and reporting on project implementation metrics, deliverables, gaps, issues, potential delays, resourcing requirements, etc.
- Contribute to the ongoing improvement of organizational project management processes.
- Ensure Project Governance and Framework are adopted to ensure projects are run according to PMO standards, contributing to the continuous improvement of standards, processes, templates and tools.
- Supervise the assigned portfolio team to ensure appropriate resource utilization and address any requests for resources within the portfolio.
- Contribute to sales activities such as scoping, estimation and SOW definition within the assigned portfolio.
- Provide effective and regular supervision of team members and ensure appropriate feedback and guidance.
- 5+ years of recent experience in a IT Project Portfolio management role, preferably in a fast-growth environment or comparable experience in major project management, overseeing multiple and complex project delivery teams in a similar role.
- Proven experience in portfolio/ project management tools, techniques and methods.
- Excellent understanding and experience of the application of the project development lifecycle (software development, requirements analysis or software quality assurance experience).
- Proven ability to effectively and efficiently organize, plan, prioritize and problem solve.
- Ability to balance objectives between projects and redeploy people and resources as priorities change.
- Able to manage complex portfolios in a fast-paced, complex environment to ensure the portfolio of work is delivered.
- Experience leading, managing, mentoring and directing a team of project professionals.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification or equivalent.
- Experience working within the healthcare technology sector.
- Sales experience is an asset.
Smile CDR’s core values are respecting and embracing our differences and celebrating the shared values. Our people are the foundation of our continued success, and we remain dedicated to building diverse and inclusive teams. We welcome and encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. Please let us know if you require accommodations or have questions during the application or interview process.