POSITION SUMMARY: Pursue, engage, and create sustained business growth in consulting and system studies with Electric Reliability Organizations (EROs), developers, public and investor-owned utility planning, interconnection, operations, and equipment application focused on transmission and distribution (T&D). Create and lead strategic initiatives.
THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
Pursue, engage, and create sustained business growth through customer-focused initiatives and industry leadership. Build and maintain high-trust, high-value customer relationships.
- Create presentation and commercial offering opportunities to meet division planned orders.
- Lead and perform advanced consulting, studies, and training initiatives on budget, to desired quality, and to within promised timeframe to meet PSED objectives.
- Apply advanced computer methods, software tools, and analytical techniques to create business opportunities.
- Anticipate industry trends and explain complex principles in a simple manner. Clarify and refine undefined or unclear customer needs into actionable and manageable scopes of work.
- Develop, expand, and advance PSED capabilities in power systems, including modeling, analysis, simulation, and reporting processes. Train employees on advanced analytical techniques, best practices, effective consulting approaches, and provide lessons learned. Capture and document key items.
- Identify and position PSED to avoid quality and delivery issues. Lead root cause evaluations and provide timely feedback internally and to client. Conceive and implement efficiency improvements to maximize profit while maintaining quality and delivery.
- Provide customer-focused information and feedback to support business planning, strategic planning, and operations. Coordinate and lead meetings to proactively address new and existing business needs.
- Represent PSED at industry associations, such as WECC, NERC, ISOs and other such organizations, coordinating councils, and reliability organizations.
- Lead the development of technical papers and articles for publication in professional society journals and trade magazines, and for presentation at professional society meetings, industry conferences, and trade exhibitions. Contribute to industry societies such as IEEE and CIGRE.
- Provide consultation and support to corporate, sales, and product divisions.
- Assist in audits and resolve audit findings, as necessary.
- Further the goals and positive, professional image of the Division by professionally representing the Company with customers and through interaction with other MEPPI departments and vendors.
- Know MEPPI’s Quality, Safety and Environmental Policies. Be able to discuss the importance of these policies and how they impact work.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering with a minimum 10 years of experience in related domain, or equivalent education and experience.
- Advanced knowledge of electric grid consulting and power systems engineering.
- Advanced knowledge of power systems, computer methods, and analytical techniques.
- Advanced technical writing skills.
- Advanced interpersonal communication and presentation skills required to communicate with employees, customers and suppliers.
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Advanced computer skills with emphasis on Microsoft Office products and power systems analysis software tools.