We’re seeking an experienced data scientist to join HubSpot’s Revenue Operations Group. This role will focus on supporting internal clients to improve the effectiveness of HubSpot’s revenue operations teams as well as improve the employee experience. Successful candidates will need to work with stakeholders to deeply understand their business problems, creatively design data science based solutions and lead the timely execution of the implementation of the chosen plan. We are especially interested in candidates with domain experience in natural language processing techniques. We believe that this position will be rewarding as there are significant opportunities to expand HubSpot’s internal capabilities and work on greenfield initiatives. You will also be joining a strong and supportive team of data scientists and analytics engineers that highly value intellectual curiosity.
Objectives of this Role
- Build strong relationships with internal stakeholders and develop a deep understanding of their business problems.
- Identify and mature data sources that will further data science and business analytics at HubSpot
- Design and build machine learning and statistical models that improve the performance of HubSpot’s revenue operations group
- Use data to inform key business decisions and communicate findings effectively with senior leadership
- Keep current with technical and industry developments
Role Responsibilities and Duties
- Query, organize, integrate and clean data from multiple sources including both structured and unstructured data.
- Expert knowledge on a breadth of machine learning techniques and a thorough understanding of the best approach to use for a given situation.
- Leading data science initiatives throughout the entire model life cycle to improve the performance of the revenue operations group in partnership with internal stakeholders
- Mature the data science practice at HubSpot by improving the breadth and depth of internal feature stores and mentoring junior analysts
- Execute analytical experiments methodically to rigorously test potential solutions and strategies
- Communicate analytic solutions to stakeholders and implement improvements as needed to operational systems
Skills and Qualifications
- Degree in statistics, applied mathematics, economics, computer science or other quantitative discipline
- 5+ years experience in data science with multiple models deployed in an operational setting.
- Expert level knowledge in SQL and python programming
- Proficient using version controls systems (git/github)
- Ability to effectively communicate data science concepts and results to non-technical audiences.
- Ability to use data to persuasively present to senior management to inform strategic decision making.
- Master’s degree in a quantitative discipline
- 2+ years of experience leading data science initiatives
- Experience using a deep learning python framework (tensorflow, pytorch, etc)
- Experience building natural language processing models
Cash compensation range: 150000-175000 USD Annually
This resource will help guide how we recommend thinking about the range you see. Learn more about HubSpot’s compensation philosophy from Katie Burke, HubSpot’s Chief People Officer.
The cash compensation above includes base salary, on-target commission for employees in eligible roles, and annual bonus targets under HubSpot’s bonus plan for eligible roles. In addition to cash compensation, all HubSpotters are eligible to participate in HubSpot’s equity plan to receive restricted stock units (RSUs). Some roles may also be eligible for overtime pay. Individual compensation packages are based on a few different factors unique to each candidate, including their skills, experience, qualifications and other job-related reasons.
We know that benefits are also an important piece of your total compensation package. To learn more about what’s included in total compensation, check out some of the benefits and perks HubSpot offers to help employees grow better.
At HubSpot, fair compensation practices isn’t just about checking off the box for legal compliance. It’s about living out our value of transparency with our employees, candidates, and community.
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates, so please don’t hesitate to apply — we’d love to hear from you.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. This information will be treated as confidential and used only for the purpose of determining an appropriate accommodation for the interview process.
Important COVID-19 Guidance (For candidates applying to roles in the United States):
Per HubSpot’s policy all employees who wish to work @office or @flex or to visit an office in-person must be fully-vaccinated. At this time, @remote employees are not required to be vaccinated.
Germany Applicants: (m/f/d) – link to HubSpot’s Career Diversity page here.
HubSpot (NYSE: HUBS) is a leading customer relationship management (CRM) platform that provides software and support to help businesses grow better. We build marketing, sales, service, and website management products that start free and scale to meet our customers’ needs at any stage of growth. We’re also building a company culture that empowers people to do their best work. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot Culture Code, which has more than 5M views, and learn about our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every employee globally, HubSpot was named the #2 Best Place to Work on Glassdoor in 2022, and has been recognized for award-winning culture by Great Place to Work, Comparably, Fortune, Entrepreneur, Inc., and more.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, HubSpot was founded in 2006. Today, thousands of employees work across the globe in HubSpot offices and remotely. Visit our careers website to learn more about culture and opportunities at HubSpot.
By submitting your application, you agree that HubSpot may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. HubSpot’s Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, our purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over HubSpot’s use of your personal information.