Reports to: Engineering Manager
Location: Remote, US and Canada only
Compensation Range: $190,000 to $215,000 base plus bonus and equity
What We Do:
Founded in 2015 by former NSA cyber operators, Huntress was built on a simple premise: to force hackers to earn every inch of their access.
Today’s cyber-attacks aren’t limited to large organizations with the security tools that can ward off threats. Hackers don’t discriminate and will find a way to penetrate any vulnerability in any size business. Huntress enables IT providers and resellers to stop hidden threats that sneak past preventive security tools.
Through a combination of expert human threat hunters, a comprehensive platform, and a desire to make the world a safer place, we’re working to deliver cybersecurity to the 99%—those small to midsize businesses that make up the backbone of our economy.
Join the hunt and help us stop hackers in their tracks!
What You’ll Do:
The Huntress team is looking for an experienced GoLang engineer who also has experience writing software that interfaces with the Windows Operating System at a low level. This engineer will be responsible for developing applications that communicate from our customers’ Windows systems to our web portal to provide our threat operations team with critical threat-hunting information. In this role you will work within a cross-functional agile team to deliver complete features that span our Windows software and our web-based SaaS application.
- Build features for a Windows GoLang application that interfaces with various low-level windows APIs on Windows to collect data and send it to our SaaS application.
- Integrate our endpoint application with our backend SaaS web application’s REST APIs for managing state and providing information that is used for threat hunting, paying particular attention to low resource usage on Windows hosts
- Collaborate with QA and DevOps to use our end-to-end testing framework to test our agent and its interactions with our web portal
- Mentor junior engineers to help them level-up their skills
What You Bring To The Team:
- 5+ years programming in GoLang
- 5+ years experience writing low-level software that interfaces tightly with the underlying operating system.
- 10+ years of experience developing software professionally
- Experience with Windows internals
- Experience with agile methodologies such as story writing, estimation, retrospectives, Kanban, or Scrum
- Experience writing software in a distributed architecture
- Able to communicate highly technical concepts clearly and concisely
What We Offer:
- 100% remote work environment – since our founding in 2015
- Generous paid time off policy including vacation, sick time, and paid holidays
- 12 weeks paid parental leave
- Highly competitive and comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits plans
- 401(k) with 5% contribution regardless of employee contribution
- Life and Disability insurance plans
- Stock options for all full-time employees
- One-time $500 stipend to build/upgrade home office
- Annual allowance for education and professional development assistance
- $75 USD/month digital reimbursement
- Access to both Udemy and BetterUp platforms for coaching, personal, and professional growth
Huntress is committed to creating a culture of inclusivity where every single member of our team is valued, has a voice, and is empowered to show up to work every day as their full self.
We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We do discriminate against hackers who try to exploit small businesses.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Please note non-accommodation requests to this inbox will not receive a response.