HubSpot is on a mission to help millions of organizations grow better – and here on our Strategic Sales Finance team, we’re excited to be starting the search for a Principal Financial Analyst to help get us there. Being one of the fastest growing multi-billion dollar tech companies in the world comes with some pretty cool challenges to tackle, and in this role you’ll help us take on some of the biggest: How do we optimize the ROI of a rapidly scaling sales force? How do we raise customer lifetime value while minimizing acquisition costs? How do we balance growth and profitability in a tough macro environment?
These are complex questions with even more complex answers – and you’ll get to leverage your advanced financial modeling skills, storytelling ability, and knack for cross-functional partnership to help us find them. If you have prior strategy consulting or tech finance experience, that’s awesome! And if not, no worries – we’d love your fresh perspective. This role offers huge career growth potential as you expand your scope into whitespace projects and take on increased ownership over time.
Excited to help us shape HubSpot’s growth trajectory? We’d love to have you join us here at Glassdoor’s #2 “Best Place to Work” in 2022. More details are below.
Here’s what you can expect from this role:
- Advanced financial modeling. This will require strong analytical skills, comfort working with new data, and a knack for logical structure.
- An emphasis on storytelling and analysis. You’ll go one step further than building complex models and reporting on the numbers. You’ll find the story behind them and present it in a simple, clear way.
- Deep business partnerships. Our goal is to act as strategic advisors to the business. As such, relationships are one of the most important parts of the job.
- The opportunity to create structure out of ambiguity. As a Principal Financial Analyst, you’ll get to shape your own experience more actively. You’ll work with your manager to identify areas of interest, find innovative projects, and help us craft new frameworks to guide the business.
- Executive exposure. Our leadership team is deeply invested in efficient growth, which will be your area of expertise. You’ll have the opportunity to present to senior leaders and help influence the company’s direction.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- A track record of success. We’re looking for someone with at least five years of professional experience operating at a high level of excellence. Experience in strategy consulting or tech finance is a plus, as is exposure to working with/in sales organizations. Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance, Accounting, or equivalent experience. MBA is nice to have.
- Strong analytical and storytelling ability. Advanced financial analysis and modeling skills are the table stakes of this position. Principal Analysts are also able to clearly communicate the story the numbers are telling and drive action as a result.
- Big-picture thinking and intellectual curiosity. We’re looking for someone who’s confident in creating clarity out of confusion, asking tough questions, and putting forth strategic recommendations.
- Strategic trailblazers. This role will often require stepping into uncharted territory, owning projects, and informing strategies that may not even be on our radars yet. (It’s part of what makes working at a high-growth tech company so fun!) We’re looking for someone who’s excited by the opportunity to innovate.
- Culture multipliers. Culture is something we value highly at HubSpot, and we’re looking for someone to add to it – embodying our tenets of H.E.A.R.T. and helping build not just a high performing team, but a positive, supportive one as well.
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates, so please don’t hesitate to apply — we’d love to hear from you.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. This information will be treated as confidential and used only for the purpose of determining an appropriate accommodation for the interview process.
Important COVID-19 Guidance (For candidates applying to roles in the United States):
Per HubSpot’s policy all employees who wish to work @office or @flex or to visit an office in-person must be fully-vaccinated. At this time, @remote employees are not required to be vaccinated.
Germany Applicants: (m/f/d) – link to HubSpot’s Career Diversity page here.
HubSpot (NYSE: HUBS) is a leading customer relationship management (CRM) platform that provides software and support to help businesses grow better. We build marketing, sales, service, and website management products that start free and scale to meet our customers’ needs at any stage of growth. We’re also building a company culture that empowers people to do their best work. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot Culture Code, which has more than 5M views, and learn about our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every employee globally, HubSpot was named the #2 Best Place to Work on Glassdoor in 2022, and has been recognized for award-winning culture by Great Place to Work, Comparably, Fortune, Entrepreneur, Inc., and more.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, HubSpot was founded in 2006. Today, thousands of employees work across the globe in HubSpot offices and remotely. Visit our careers website to learn more about culture and opportunities at HubSpot.
By submitting your application, you agree that HubSpot may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. HubSpot’s Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, our purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over HubSpot’s use of your personal information.