At Figment, our mission is to create an Internet that is truly decentralized where users can freely interact, share, collaborate, and exchange goods and services in a trustless environment. We offer staking, middleware, and application layer solutions for token holders and developers investing in and building on Web 3 technologies. Together, we can build a better Internet.
Figment’s mission is to build a better Internet by increasing usage of the next generation of Proof of Stake blockchains. These efficient blockchains give people greater control of their data, more privacy, and increase financial inclusion. By eliminating intermediaries, they also limit the power of centralized data monopolies, rent seeking financial institutions, and the anti-social algorithms that up until recently have controlled much of our online experience.
We bring our mission to reality by helping investors stake their tokens; earn yield and participate in securing the blockchain. We want to do this by building the most powerful staking experience. Both to deliver powerful yield products, portfolio configurability and visibility to customers. And also by securing the blockchain.
We believe design is central to delivering on our vision, and we are looking for a Principal Product Designer to join the Figment team. You’ll be an important leader in a cross functional team building a world first suite of tools. You’ll craft a strategy rooted firmly in user insights that paint an exciting vision of the future, and deliver on that vision through effective planning, interaction design, visuals, and prototypes.
As a Principal Product Designer you will you’ll have a significant impact across the company, and play a central role in building the design discipline at Figment. You will teach process, develop toolkits and help raise the quality bar for how we design, as well as what we design. There is widespread curiosity and eagerness to experiment with new methods and ways of working, and you’ll be central to developing these. You will not just design to product specs, but direct us to ask the right questions, and build the right things. Questions and insights, and design vision that will steer us to win. You care about the customer, product usability, market share, combining business and user value to build a truly compelling product experience.
If you’re enthusiastic about building delightful and compelling user experiences, and applying your design thinking to solving complicated problems using outstanding facilitation, research, and service design skills – then this is the place for you!
What you’ll do:
- Inspires others with outstanding solutions that push the bar on creativity, emotional impact and quality for Figment – acts as mentor and role model across design org.
- Drives, leads and aligns initiatives that span across multiple teams, products and missions, that span across the entire product lifecycle and multiple product launches.
- Accountable for high design standards that push the vision for larger teams and the Mission to the next level
- Trusted and consulted by senior leadership across the company
- Continually seeks to understand the larger environment and factors that affect fundamental user behavior including culture, location and context
- Set the vision for the user experience and build the space for others to collaborate. Provides context to other designers through fluent understanding of Mission/Company strategy and can speak on behalf of it.
- Work with small multi-disciplinary teams and partner closely with engineering, product, and business partners to find elegant but practical solutions to design challenges.
- Be autonomous. You’ll take full ownership of your work, and take responsibility for every last detail, every step of the way.
- Rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes, and know how and when to build and combine flows, user stories, sketches, wireframes, and deliver pixel-perfect specs.
Who you are:
- 7+ years of experience as a Product Designer
- Have proven design chops, shipped products, understands what it takes to build valuable and meaningful experiences, and how to build healthy, productive design teams.
- A talented systems thinker and problem solver who can connect the dots between various user groups and industry workflows and turn them into simple and impactful design solutions and flows.
- Constantly sketching concepts, tweaking flows, or refining designs that represent the big-thinking work.
- Effective communicator and facilitator. You’ve planned sprints and structured workshops to drive outcomes quickly and effectively. You’re familiar with standard methodologies but are just as comfortable challenging them.
- Have a people-focused design mentality. You are constantly looking to refine your designs through user feedback, whether through hands-on user research, or designing options for A/B tests.
- You have an online portfolio or PDF that you can share with us.
Not required but a plus if you have:
- Experience building dashboards and data visualizations
- Strong Intuition for data and basic statistical concepts
- Knowledge of how blockchains, smart contracts and such things work.
- Experience in or passion for fintech
Benefits & Impact
- Remote First + Hybrid Working Environment: Fully remote-first teams with regular team retreats to foster team bonding
- Professional Culture: A culture of honesty, professionalism and risk taking in a high-growth environment
- Work/Life Flexibility: Remote work with a flexible PTO policy – 20 days PTO plus 5 flexible days
- Family-Friendly Benefits: Best in class parental leave and flexible arrangements
- Health & Wellness: Company-paid medical/vision/dental for employees and family
- Compensation: Comprehensive packages including competitive salary, bonus and equity
At Figment, our mission is to support the adoption, growth and long term success of the Web 3 ecosystem. This is Figment’s unique approach: we make it simple to build on the next generation of blockchain technology.
We provide enterprise grade node and staking infrastructure and developer tools while also actively participating in community & governance.