We’re Karat, the leader in technical interviewing and pioneer of the Interviewing Cloud
Karat’s purpose is to unlock opportunity, and we built the world’s first Interviewing Cloud to conduct predictive, fair, and enjoyable technical interviews 24/7. Karat helps companies expand interviewing capacity, unlock developer time, and raise engineering quality so they can hire smarter and grow faster, and create more opportunities for software engineers. From our industry-leading solutions to Karat’s Brilliant Black Minds program, the work we do here matters. We’re a team of passionate, focused, human-centric team, and we want you to join us!
Come join our Brilliant Black Minds team
Our Brilliant Black Minds team is committed to supporting equity for Black Americans. As our company’s flagship purpose program, this team amplifies the brilliance found in the Black software engineering community through exposure, access, and fairness. As the only program of its kind, Karat enables its global network of Interview Engineers to make technical interviews more accessible, and the interview experience itself more equitable.
What you will do
As the Principal Product Manager for Brilliant Black Minds at Karat, you will own and define the program vision, strategy, and goals, creating delightful customer experiences for both program participants and corporate partners. You will own developing and executing on the strategy and roadmap to expand Brilliant Black Minds to a full-scale national program with maximum impact. In this role you will get to dream big for how the industry rethinks diverse technical hiring and work closely with the senior Leadership Team bringing Karat’s vision for more fair, predictive and enjoyable interviews to life.
- Own and define the vision, strategy, and product roadmap, manage tradeoffs and dependencies with key stakeholders, and execute on deliverables.
- Work closely with Engineering, Go-To-Market, Design, Data Science, Program Management, and Interview Content teams to launch new products and models for the program.
- Present program health and solutions. Analyze program wins, learnings, gaps and needs, and partner with Karat leadership to increase the impact and reach of the product.
- Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues and delivery risks that may impair the team’s ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals.
- Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partner institutions and corporate partners.
The experience you will bring
- Passion for driving more diversity in tech, and deep understanding of the early-career Black engineering audience
- 5+ years of consumer-facing product management experience.
- Experience conceptualizing, developing and launching software products or services from the ground up.
- Ability to empathize with partner needs and drive alignment; excellent written and oral communication skills, including experience engaging and influencing senior executives.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive actions
- Proven ability to think strategically and execute methodically.
This is a full time, salaried position. Immigration sponsorship is not available.
Karat is a remote company with employees throughout the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom. For this position, we are only considering individuals based in the United States.
Benefits of joining Karat
Karat strives to offer everything you need to best support you today, tomorrow, and beyond. We’re proud of our current offerings, and highlight some of our team’s favorites below. There are more, just feel free to ask!
Compensation / Time Off:
- Highly competitive salary and stock options
- 401(k) with company match
- Generous paid PTO (see below) and Sick Leave (10 days per year)
- Flexible Time Off Policy for salaried positions
- Three weeks accrued per year for hourly positions
- Global Parental Leave (16 weeks paid with additional 8 weeks transition back to work in part-time capacity)
- 20 paid Company Holidays for 2022
Benefits / Wellness:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance via Cigna or Kaiser (for CA-based employees)
- 100% premium covered for employees
- 70% premium covered for dependents
- FSA, STD, LTD, Standard Life Insurance, and Optional Life Insurance
- Mental Wellness offerings such as Calm, Happify, Talkspace, Modern Health, and more
- $150 per month contribution to miscellaneous benefit/wellness of employee’s choice
Learn more about us
Statement of Inclusivity:
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Karat.
We value a diverse workforce: people of color, womxn, and LGBTQIA+ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Karat is an E-Verify company.