We acknowledge that Bench headquarters is located on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territory of the Coast Salish Peoples, including the territories of the xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), and Səl̓ílwətaʔ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.
Our mission is to make a profound difference in the quality of life of one million people, by removing the financial complexity of entrepreneurship. Businesses need to understand their financial performance, but for many smaller ones, this means a trade-off between doing their books and running their businesses.
Bench solves this dilemma by taking bookkeeping off of their hands. Learn more about us on our About page.
We’re growing fast, and we’re looking for exceptional people to join us on this incredible journey. Check out our culture guide to learn more about what it’s like to work at Bench!
What does the Product team look like?
The “Core Business” team at Bench is responsible for building software that empowers us to serve our small business clients with more efficiency, effectiveness, and accuracy while raising our super-high customer satisfaction scores. While you will manage the software product, you will also have a firm grasp of the Bench service offering as a whole. This Principal Product Manager will lead the product definition, launch, and roadmap of the core business product+service features at Bench. This is a high impact role with a lot of autonomy. This is a great opportunity to build products with pent-up demand, from ground zero.
What you’ll be getting up to:
- Work with executive leadership on product strategy and identify key areas of investment.
- Work backwards from Bench clients and bookkeepers to define key software functionality that increases our efficiency and effectiveness.
- Own and prioritize the roadmap for Core Business.
- Work closely with the engineering and the roll-out team to bring new features to Bench clients and bookkeepers.
- Collaborate with the “Powered by Bench” PM team to deliver a superior end-customer experience to Powered by Bench users.
- Collaborate with marketing on GTM strategies and successfully launch new products.
- Define metrics that measure the success of our launches and communicate them effectively to executive leadership.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to have:
- A resonance with our mission and principles.
- An activated curiosity and openness to being an equitable and inclusive leader. Our commitment to anti-racism and anti-discrimination as a company excites you.
- A minimum of 6 years experience in product management including B2C.
- A demonstrated track record of successful full-cycle product management.
- Passion about building a whole set of APIs from scratch. APIs that will facilitate millions of transactions per month.
- Adeptness at discussing solutions to complex problems with engineers.
- A demonstrable drive to grow. Fostering growth is what we do here, in ourselves and in our reports. Our mission is big, and we all need to grow significantly to achieve it.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills, a keen perceptiveness to your audience, and the ability to authentically generate buy-in across multiple teams.
The extra details:
- This is a full-time permanent position because we want to spend lots of time with your wonderful self!
- This position offers an extended benefits package that includes health, dental, and vision. In addition, all Benchmates have access to Inkblot Therapy, our virtual counselling service to support mental wellbeing, and Bravely, our confidential, on-demand, 1:1 professional coaching service.
- At Bench we share information freely and openly whenever possible. The salary range for this role is $160-$195k. Stock options will also be a part of the total compensation package.
- Our office has gone fully remote! We’ll set you up with everything you need to work from home, from day one.
Everyone has their own unique talents. Even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you’d be a great fit for this role in your application.
We believe that unchecked biases disproportionately impact the most marginalized people in society—including but not limited to BIPOC, LGBTQ2S+ people, immigrants, and people with disabilities. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or other marginalized communities because we believe that without you, we are all less. At Bench, we don’t stand for tokenism. We stand for representation.