About Aurora Solar
Are you ready to join the solar revolution? Look no further than Aurora Solar, where we’re on a mission to create a solar energy future for all.
A fast-growing Series D company, Aurora is disrupting the clean energy industry and changing the course of history with our award-winning, industry-leading software. This software doesn’t just design millions of solar projects, but it designs a better tomorrow, empowering solar companies to sell, design, and install residential and commercial solar arrays accurately, seamlessly, and at scale.
It’s our goal to have every solar installation in the world pass through our software, and we’ve got a stellar team that’s helping us get there. We were named one of “The Best Mid Sized Remote Companies To Work for in 2023” by BuiltIn.com and have been awarded #1 Solar Software platform by Solar Power World, and as we continue to build, we need even more passionate, skilled, and, well, energized people on board.
About the Role
We’re looking for our first Principal Product Manager to help us achieve some of our most important business and customer objectives. In the first six to twelve months, the primary focus for this will be as the Product leader for a key company-level objective: bringing our platform to new market geographies. You will sit at the center of helping us develop industry-leading solutions that serve the global solar industry and help us achieve our mission of creating a future of solar energy for all. You’ll work closely alongside the VP of Product, the VP of Operations, and a small group of Director-level peers to establish the vision and strategy for our products as we enter these new markets, and work collaboratively across teams to execute on that strategy.
What You’ll Do
- Be the point person on the Product team for a company-level aim to drive growth through international expansion
- Develop a detailed multi-year product strategy for driving growth in new geographic markets
- Meet regularly with our executive-level team members across departments to align a strategy, priorities, and execution plan
- Collaborate closely with Director-level peers in Product Management, Product Design, and Engineering to align on strategy, resources, priorities, and roadmaps
- Work collaboratively with all our product development teams to plan and execute a roadmap that drives growth in international markets
- Build a deep understanding of our entire suite of products, how we serve customer needs today, and what ways we can extend our products to fit new market needs
- Meet with customers, partners, vendors, and industry leaders to build an understanding of product opportunities in new markets
- Conduct hands-on research with users to identify needs and test solutions
- Perform industry & competitive landscape research to define the strategic context for expansion into international markets
- Define the top product priorities with regard to driving international growth, set clear & measurable goals, and track progress toward objectives & key results
- Accelerate our international growth by supporting product development teams and removing obstacles
- After an initial six to twelve months of focus on international expansion, we will re-evaluate opportunities to continue that focus, guide new company-level product initiatives, get more hands-on with product development, and/or grow out a team of Product Managers to continue scaling your impact
What We Value
- Leadership: able to set the direction, inspire the team, and make key decisions to drive the company forward
- Experience: track record of achieving results through Product Management leadership at the company-level, especially with relevant experience driving product expansion into new markets
- Experience leading Product initiatives to drive international expansion of existing B2B SaaS applications into new markets, preferably Europe
- Big thinking: able to define, align, and evangelize a product vision and strategy
- Collaboration: a reliable and valued member of the team to encourage and enable others to succeed
- Empathy: listens, appreciates and promotes team members’ perspectives, goals, and opportunities
- User focus: passionate about creating the best product solutions for your users
- Systems thinking: able to dissect complex systems, workflows, and multiple user personas to create the best solutions within the surrounding context
- Software development expertise: able to identify and act on opportunities to improve agile software development teams
- Rigor: asks hard questions, validates their assumptions, and guides the way to achieving goals
- Outcome-orientation: focuses on business results, not output
- Data-driven: able to evaluate data from multiple sources across the organization, and use data to inform key decisions. Surfaces and evangelizes progress toward key metrics
- Communication: able to clearly articulate ideas, concerns, and opportunities
- As needed, up to 15-20% international travel (Central Europe)
- Nice-to-have: proficient or fluent in German and other European languages
Aurora is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workforce of people who believe in and are passionate about creating a future of solar energy for all. We are an equal opportunity employer, we welcome and consider qualified applicants regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. We encourage you to apply even if you believe that you do not meet all of the above criteria!
For San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.