We acknowledge that Bench headquarters is located on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territory of the Coast Salish Peoples, including the territories of the xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), and Səl̓ílwətaʔ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.
A letter from our Head of Product and CEO:
Dear future Benchmate,
There has never been a more exciting time to join Bench. We’re on our way to make a profound difference in the quality of life of a million people, backed by incredible technology.
Finance is inseparable from the human experience. Our personal finances influence our mental and physical wellbeing, where we live, our education, our family structures, and the opportunities we do or do not have. In the mind of a small business owner, there is no distinction between their business finances and their personal finances. Working at a Bench isn’t about fintech; it’s about making a difference in the quality of life of human beings.
Bench is already the biggest bookkeeper in North America—we currently have over 10,000 clients, and in 2020 alone we processed $21B in transactions—and we’re just at the beginning of our technological journey.
Our Product roadmap is not only ambitious, but it’s validated in the market by real users and venture capital. It also defines a game worth playing, because success in this game means strengthening the backbone of our economy – the small business and the passionate people that make them tick.
Does this sound like the kind of difference you want to make for people? Let’s talk.
Ian Crosby, Co-founder and CEO
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to have:
- A resonance with our mission and principles.
- Strong experience driving impact in a high performing product or business organization: Stripe, Shopify, Square, Google, Amazon, Uber, Bain & Co, McKinsey, BCG, etc.
- A nose for value and the ability to connect the dots across business strategy, customer values, and market dynamics to drive our product vision, strategy, and roadmap
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills, a keen perceptiveness to your audience, and the ability to authentically generate buy-in across multiple teams
- An activated curiosity and openness to being an equitable and inclusive leader. Our commitment to anti-racism and anti-discrimination as a company excites you.
- A demonstrable drive to grow. Fostering growth is what we do here, in ourselves and in our reports. Our mission is big, and we all need to grow significantly to achieve it.
The extra details:
- This is a full-time permanent position because we want to spend lots of time with your wonderful self!
- This position offers an annual salary (125k-195k), stock options, and an extended benefits package that includes health, dental, and vision.
- All Benchmates have access to Inkblot Therapy, our virtual counselling service to support mental wellbeing, and Bravely, our confidential, on-demand, 1:1 professional coaching service.
- Our office has gone fully remote! We’ll set you up with everything you need to work from home, from day one.
- We’re augmented by physical space and you’ll need to be able to travel to Vancouver regularly (open to discussion) once it’s the right thing to do.
We believe that unchecked biases disproportionately impact the most marginalized people in society—including but not limited to BIPOC, LGBTQ2S+ people, immigrants, and people with disabilities. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or other marginalized communities because we believe that without you, we are all less. At Bench, we don’t stand for tokenism. We stand for representation.