Elastic is a free and open search company that powers enterprise search, observability, and security solutions built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real-time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Barclays, Cisco, eBay, Fairfax, ING, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe. Learn more at elastic.co.
Since its initial release, the Elastic Stack has achieved more than tens of millions of cumulative downloads, and We are looking for a dynamic individual to lead competitive intelligence efforts for the Elastic Stack and Cloud within product marketing. You will act as an individual contributor in an overlay capacity across other marketing teams as well as directly with engineering, product, and sales, and pricing. If you enjoy gathering competitive intelligence, formulating competitive strategy, creating differentiated messaging, enabling the field, and delivering on high-visibility projects then this role is for you.
What you will do:
You will build and evolve an ongoing competitive program at Elastic focused on the Elastic Stack and Cloud, and maintain the structure of how to track the various efforts within the program over time.
You will collaborate with various internal teams such as marketing, product, sales, and pricing to build competitive messaging, including competitive replacement customer stories, technical blogs, and external competitive strategies.
Specifically, you will:
- Establish methodologies for competitive research
- Manage a research calendar, and prioritize deliverables
- Coordinate competitive research and enablement efforts
- Actively track market trends and internal developments
- Build in-depth market analyses and hands-on product research vital to keeping our competitive resources effective
- Participate in meaningful industry events to stay current
- Craft relevant and effective competitive messaging and resources
- Lead internal competitive enablement sessions
- Build subject-matter expertise and credibility necessary to independently assist the sales force on competitive calls
- Summarize key competitive pain points and communicate to necessary parts of the organization
Who you are:
You are in a competitive-focused role now or perhaps you’re a product marketer, product manager, or solution architect who naturally gravitates toward comparing tools and technologies to identify meaningful differences in functionality, licensing, and adoption. You have worked on delivering competitive resources in the past.
You prefer to remain hands-on and technical, yet want the ability to effectively communicate about our technology in terms of customer value. You look forward to opportunities to be in front of diverse and demanding audiences.
In addition, you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (e.g. CS, CSE, EE) preferred, and relevant work experience or the ability to be hands-on with our products (maybe you’re self-taught)
- Direct experience with products and technologies used in search, IT analytics, data analytics, big data analytics space and audiences that use those products (developers, IT operations, data science, business analytics)
- Experience competing with public cloud providers like Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud
- Natural affinity toward uncovering how something works and using your knowledge for higher-level strategic goals
- Excellent organization and attention-to-detail
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Experience organizing and coordinating efforts and programs across large teams
- Experience generating competitive positioning, messaging, and collateral
- Experience dealing with performance benchmarks, feature, and price comparisons
- Experience delivering enablement sessions
- Comfort working with a highly distributed team
Although not required, you may have:
- An advanced degree such as an MBA, JD or MS in a technology related field.
- Experience working for a startup or an early stage company
- Prior experience using the Elastic Stack
- Experience with Open Source software and/or commercial open source companies
Additional Information – We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving – We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.