What We’re Looking For:
You will join a team responsible for building new platform capabilities by offering high quality, high touch courses and related program content. We’re looking for a Principal Engineer to join the team to help implement and propose new features, act as a thought partner for process optimization, and help mentor and coach the squad to success. Your work will be used in production by millions of learners from all over the world.
You will be a technical leader and key contributor in the in-courseware Learning & Pedagogy theme. You will have the chance to work with top-tier schools from around the world to help their course building process and tools. Your work will lead to the delivery of more and better courses on the edX platform, for maximum value and impact: you will improve the lives of edX learners.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Design, develop, deploy, and support scalable software systems
- Provide mentorship to team members and assist with feedback on code reviews
- Weigh in on technical decisions, implementations, and trade-offs that impact engineering teams across the organization
- Build and maintain operationally viable solutions throughout the software life cycle
- Promote teamwork, research cutting edge technology, and support a work atmosphere that encourages continuous improvement
- Collaborate with Product Management, UX, and Data Science to understand business problems and identify solutions
Qualifications & Skills:
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- Real-world experience with web development frameworks like Django
- Demonstrated skills with React and redux applications
- Experience developing REST APIs
- Demonstrated skills in building service-oriented architectures
- Prior experience researching and proposing new technologies
- Ability to problem solve and drive projects with loosely defined requirements
Other Attributes That Will Help You In This Role:
- Architecture and solutions development leveraging microservices
- Test Driven Development
- Familiarity with standards-compliant processes for development and accessibility best practices
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
2U is comprised of 3 lines of business: Graduate Degree Programs, Short Course, and Boot Camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities and enterprise organizations transform in the digital era—and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help our partners fill those needs—developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our partners are there to help them succeed. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 275,000 students and lifelong learners.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Benefits & Culture
Working at 2U means working with individuals that are passionate and mission driven. We collaborate on tough problems to deliver the best outcomes for our partners, students, and each other. You will find team members working together in our open office spaces, gathered in the kitchen grabbing a snack, or taking a break in our game rooms.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO
- Additional time off benefits include: volunteer days, parental leave, and a company-wide winter break
In Colorado, the anticipated base salary for this role is $120,000 with potential bonus and equity eligibility. Note: The final compensation for this position may consider factors including the geographic location where the work is performed (candidate’s assigned office) and prior work experience of the candidate.
To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.