Mitsubishi Electric Power Products (MEPPI) serves the North American power systems, rail transportation, and large visual display markets with electrical and electronic products, systems, and services.
MEPPI’s Diamond Vision Division (DVD) is looking for a Project Manager II/ Site Superintendent that has experience managing onsite construction projects to direct & supervise the construction, installation and service activities of video screens and production systems for the sports and entertainment industry. This role will require a high level of domestic travel (70%) and the ability to work with our amazing large LED Screens all over America.
- Direct and supervise on-site construction and subcontractors for installation and service activities for DVD.
- Manage projects to assure on-time completion within established budgets.
- Collaborate with customers, subcontractors, architects and consultants to coordinate project requirements.
- Oversee creation of system documentation for customers including as-built documents and operation manuals.
- Ensure all aspects of project scope including subcontractors’ work conform to all applicable contract documents and drawings.
- Prepare and review subcontractor and customer price quotations to maximize profit in a fair and equitable way.
- Write subcontractor scopes of work for installation services.
- Coordinate procurement, delivery, installation activities of video equipment systems.
- Manage safety and insurance issues on assigned projects.
- Prepare project activity reports and hold project meetings with subcontractors/crew supervisors as directed.
- Review requests for payment associated with projects.
- Prepare project status reports and keep management, customers and stakeholders informed of project status and related issues when required.
- Further the goals and positive, professional image of the DVD Division by effective dealings with customers and other internal departments.
- Know MEPPI’s Quality, Safety and Environmental Policies. Be able to fully discuss the importance of these policies and how they impact work.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction, Construction Management, Construction Engineering or related field with a minimum 2 years of experience working on construction projects, or equivalent education and experience.
- Experience managing projects on-site required.
- Knowledge of project management and/or commercial construction concepts.
- Experience working on projects with steel structures, steel fabrication or steel erection preferred.
- Knowledge of electrical systems, power control and video systems preferred.
- Advanced interpersonal and communication skills required to communicate with employees, vendors and customers.
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings and material.
- Advance computer skills with emphasis on Microsoft Office applications including Project.
Working Conditions: This role involves frequent onsite work at customer locations Monday through Friday, including travel to project locations domestically. The Project Manager will work in construction environments and may be exposed to varying weather conditions. Occasional evening or weekend work may be required to meet project deadlines.
MEPPI offers its employees competitive salaries, commensurate with qualifications and experience, as well as comprehensive benefits including:
- 401(k) Program
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Employer sponsored programs including Flexible Work Arrangement, Wellness, and Professional Women’s ERG, HOPE (community outreach)
- Onsite Fitness Center and Café
- Employee Discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Volunteer opportunities