Community powers direct relationships and one-on-one conversations between Leaders and their Members through text messaging at scale. Launched in 2019 and headquartered in Santa Monica, Calif., Community is breaking new ground in trusted marketing and communications channels by connecting Leaders–global pop culture stars, local community organizers, small business owners and brands–to their Members to drive conversations that convert into actions, sales, revenue and more.
About the Role and Your Impact
The Data Team at Community focuses on building an intelligent and dynamic product that drives meaningful interaction, as well as customer retention, success and growth. We are a small team that brings features through the entire design process, from ideation to prototype to production. By leveraging Natural Language Processing and other analytics running in real-time on our unique data, we are inventing new technologies that are shaping our product.
As an Engineer on the Data Team, you’ll be designing and building systems that scale massively, work seamlessly, and engage millions of end-users on top of a powerful event-based architecture. Besides your technical skills, your product mindset will help us to innovate incredible experiences for our Leaders.
You will be working with a distributed, remote-first team that spans North America, Europe and beyond. Your day-to-day will be spent writing code, investigating technologies, pairing with and mentoring other engineers, and working with product and other engineering teams. Last, but not least – we are growth-oriented, both as a company and as individuals; we take learning seriously and invest heavily in developing our skills and our team’s capabilities.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to deliver product features in an Agile environment.
- Work with machine learning engineers to take features from ideation to prototype to production.
- Decompose and refactor complex and ambiguous logic into manageable components.
- Define SLAs to instrument and monitor production services; participate in on-call rotations.
- Help lead engineering efforts by authoring technical design documentation; break down complex projects into small executable units.
- Work with infrastructure engineers and scale our platform and instrument best practices
- Mentor and coach less experienced engineers.
What You’ll Bring
- 7+ years of experience building and operating software applications at scale.
- 4+ years of designing and scaling reliable python services.
- Solid understanding of asynchronous programming in python.
- Knowledge of microservices architecture and related design patterns.
- Experience with most of the following: AWS, Docker, Kubernetes/Mesos, Cassandra, PostgreSQL, Redis, and RabbitMQ.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, agile environment.
Community is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We commit ourselves to inclusivity across race, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, body size, disability, age, and class – in everything we do.