WellSaid Labs is looking to hire a Procurement Specialist to join our growing sales and marketing team.
At WellSaid Labs, Procurement Specialist is responsible for facilitating the sourcing and contracting of WellSaid Labs by mid-market and above customers. You will help prospective and existing customers gather all technical, vendor, and financial documentation in order to successfully purchase services and licenses from WellSaid. This role is instrumental for ensuring lead velocity and a smooth sales cycle.
You’ll succeed in this role if you are a builder that thrives in fast-paced environments; you enjoy working across teams to execute on solutions; you’re collaborative, process-driven, and decisive.
One more thing: While you may not be an AI expert, you are a tech enthusiast & creative at heart. This is a key requirement to become a contributing member of WellSaid. Our customers are creating next-generation content, experiences, and products, and you will be there supporting them to achieve their creative goals.
Who we are:
At WellSaid Labs, we developed a state-of-the-art deep learning model that can read text in a completely human-like voice. Our startup spun out from Paul Allen’s Institute for AI (AI2) in 2018.
Creatives around the globe use our Studio to create compelling employee training, design unique digital experiences, and narrate audiobooks. We enable creatives by putting high-tech, human parity technology into their hands, giving them the ability to add voice-over to any project and iterate with ease.
We believe technology should be empowering, engaging, and fair to all people. Through consent and transparency in data usage, we build secure systems that protect user privacy. We strive to hold ourselves accountable for the algorithms we deploy, and we uphold the principles of the Hippocratic Oath.
Our work has been featured in TechCrunch (1, 2, 3), GeekWire (1, 2, 3), CNN, MIT Technology Review, Venture Beat and we are one of three Seattle companies to make CB Insights’ list of the top 100 world’s most promising AI startups.
What WSL Offers You
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Matching 401(k) plan
- Generous vacation policy/paid time off
- Flexible schedules
- Remote-first company culture
- Parental leave
- Learning & development stipend
- Home office stipend
What You’ll Do
- Create, maintain, and execute a governance framework to manage vendor onboarding, IT reviews, quotes, contracts, and purchase orders.
- Implement the process to draft/edit/prepare contracts in collaboration with legal and sales including MSA, SOW, Amendments, PS, SaaS, Software Licenses, and Cloud Subscriptions
- Support Account Executives by providing guidance and assuring compliance on quotes, order forms, statements of work, and contracts
- Work effectively with customers to manage day-to-day interaction with business partners, finance, legal, accounts payable, and senior management
- Collaborate throughout the organization to ensure the procurement process is streamlined, turn-around times optimized, and the level of service best in class
- Provide input/implementation around continuous improvement, as well as present formal corporate purchasing training to both individuals and large groups
- Build and cultivate relationships with team members across the organization
What You’ll Have
- 1-2 years demonstrated ability with ERP systems
- Advanced level of MS Office or Google Suite
- 1-2 years sourcing IT, technology, professional services, and marketing-related categories
- 1-2 years in Contract Management framework, hierarchy, standard terms and conditions, pricing models, and the fundamentals of contracting
- A high degree of organizational, administrative, and analytical to proactively handle PO process, as well as gain the confidence of internal partners across the business
- Ability to handle stressful situations when working under time constraints
What We Require
- BA/BS or equivalent work experience
- Experience in working in fast-paced or startup environments
- 2+ years of full-time experience in corporate purchasing and procurement
- Experience collaborating with legal teams
- Oracle, SAP, Coupa, Ariba, DocuSign, and JIRA, G-Suite
What to expect from us
- If the skills and values listed in this posting sound like you, our recruiting team will reach out for an initial phone screen. After the phone screen, you’ll be invited to a formal interview process where you’ll meet the rest of the team.
WellSaid Labs is honored to be an equal opportunity workplace. We realize that by bringing together teams rich in diverse thoughts and experiences, our people, company, and customers are free to flourish. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, creed, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation or gender identity), age, marital status, disability, military or veteran status; or any other protected classifications or characteristics under applicable local laws. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At this time, we are unable to support visa sponsorship; as a candidate you must live in and be currently be eligible to work in the U.S.