Joro empowers people to decarbonize their lives. With our mobile app, track, reduce, and offset the emissions of everything you buy. We’re a 10-person startup headquartered in Oakland, CA, backed by top-tier investors including Sequoia Capital and the founders of Fitbit, Headspace, and Candy Crush. We are honored to be among TIME100’s Most Influential Companies of 2022.
We’re looking for a product analyst who cares about climate change loves to work collaboratively with teammates and loves to learn quickly. Joro is a small company – as a core member of the data team, you will be able to shape product development and have a significant impact on the trajectory of the company. This role will report to the lead data analyst but will directly collaborate with the CEO, CTO, and Head of Growth on a day-to-day basis.
What you’ll do
- Generate user insights. Generate insights about our users and their behavior to support acquisition, engagement, and retention. Ultimately, insights you uncover from users’ carbon footprints can encourage them to change spending choices, lower emissions, and influence our collective systems.
- Help guide the product roadmap. Get to know the product inside and out, what features users are interested in, and which features we need to prioritize.
- Drive growth. Guide growth efforts through sizing opportunities, evaluating current campaigns, and continuing to deliver insights that help the team grow our user base.
- Lead rapid experimentation. Push the team to find ways to learn about growth initiatives and product features faster, to ensure that we are gaining and acting on insights from our customers every day.
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders. Work side-by-side with Product, Engineering, and business stakeholders to brainstorm product changes, size potential benefits, decide on rollouts, and lead experimentation and analysis.
- Shape the place you are proud to work. Engaging with all of your colleagues to shape the culture of Joro.
- Build a data-driven culture. Help the data team improve our analytics tech stack to better collect, store, and process the analytics data we care about, as well as enhance our current suite of reporting tools that empower Joro to make data-informed decisions.
- Learn fast. Be a part of a team where learning is the most important outcome of any work, and push yourself and your teammates to prioritize this value. Grow as an analyst and a team member.
- You want to work in climate. You are motivated by working on the climate crisis.
- Thrive in ambiguous, fast-moving environments. You have the inclination to move fast. You are excited to work in an ambiguous environment, on different problems as the company grows.
- Live and breathe data-driven experimentation. You are well versed in A/B and multi-variant experimentation and have experience with statistical analysis such as regression, predictive modeling, forecasting, and clustering.
- Clear, collaborative communicator. You have the ability to gather requirements from many cross-functional stakeholders and synthesize them into a quantitative analysis that has real actionable next steps. You are a clear and proactive communicator, both in writing and verbally.
- Strong analytical skills. You have experience using SQL, python, and excel – or can learn them before an interview.
- Fluent in relevant analytics platforms. You have worked with platforms such as (but not limited to) Amplitude, Tableau, etc.
Think you might have what it takes, but not sure you meet every requirement? Research shows that women and marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. If you’re passionate about what we’re building, please apply. You might be just who we’re looking for.