As a Product Analyst, you are a member of a global team of data-driven influencers, setting the standard for how data and analytics is used at HubSpot, and inspiring our product teams to action.
Product and Engineering use multiple sources of data (user event data, NPS, and transactional data, etc) to discover what is going well for our customers, where we can improve, and what to build next. Product Analysts — individuals with high data literacy, intellectual curiosity, and communication skills — are at the center of these analyses and decisions; we work side-by-side with Product Management, User Experience, and Engineering leadership to inform and build better solutions for our customers.
In this role, while you operate with a high degree of autonomy, you benefit from the support of the Product Analytics community — sharing ideas, debating approaches, and receiving feedback to deliver more effective analyses and develop in your career.
- Be a driving influencer on the use and application of analysis; deliver what’s needed, and show what’s possible
- Partner with product stakeholders to understand your team’s data and business needs; become an expert in translating these needs into specific analyses with actionable insights
- Conduct quantitative analysis of user behavior to uncover issues or opportunities to improve the our customers’ experience
- Inform the design and analyze the outcomes of in-app tests and experiments
- Collaborate across UX teams and business functions to infuse strategic, open ended research with quantitative insights
- Communicate insights to your stakeholders with a data-driven point of view and plan for action
Examples of common projects:
- Define (or redefine) leading indicators of success for your team. Serve as the expert for these metrics by understanding how data collection is instrumented in the product, how it flows through our ETL pipeline and is aggregated, and how metrics are defined in our analytics platform. Construct the core dashboards, visualizations and analyses to help stakeholders monitor product health and make better decisions
- Perform ad hoc analyses into user behavior to inform specific, near-term experiment designs or product decisions or longer term product strategy
- Partner with engineering and other internal operations teams to enable a high level of data integrity, consistency and clarity across cross multiple internal databases and reporting systems
- Be a voice within your teams to educate, elevate and advocate for the continual value of leveraging analytics to inform decision making
From our Product and Engineering Blog: How HubSpot’s product analysts transform the customer experience
- Academic or professional experience with a heavy quantitative, analytical focus
- Practical experience in a business environment influencing decision making with data
- Experience working with large datasets; particularly data mining, manipulation and exploration
- Ability to write performant, complex SQL queries combining multiple sources of data
- Comfortability with data analytics and statistical tools such as R or Python
- Confidence using a variety of analytical and statistical techniques
- Passionate about the role of data in helping solve complex questions
- Excellent communication, storytelling, and collaboration skills
Above and Beyond Qualifications:
- Knowledge of analytical development tools such as Amplitude, Looker, Git and dbt
- Demonstrated passion for building products that delight customers and drive their success
- Experience working at, or strong understanding of, a SaaS business.
HubSpot (NYSE: HUBS) is a leading customer relationship management (CRM) platform that provides software and support to help businesses grow better. We build marketing, sales, service, and website management products that start free and scale to meet our customers’ needs at any stage of growth. We’re also building a company culture that empowers people to do their best work through. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot Culture Code, which has more than 5M views, and learn about our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every employee globally, HubSpot was named the #4 Best Place to Work on Glassdoor in 2021, and has been recognized for award-winning culture by Great Place to Work, Comparably, Fortune, Entrepreneur, Inc., and more.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, HubSpot was founded in 2006. Today, thousands of employees work across the globe in HubSpot offices and remotely. Visit our careers website to learn more about culture and opportunities at HubSpot.
By submitting your application, you agree that HubSpot may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. HubSpot’s Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, our purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over HubSpot’s use of your personal information.