Kinsta is a modern cloud hosting company focused on WordPress hosting. We run our services on cutting-edge technology, and we are proud of the level of support we offer to our customers. Our talented and motivated team is scattered across the globe, with team members hailing from every continent but Antarctica! This is an exciting opportunity for a seasoned product design team lead to join a 100% remote, globally distributed company!
We are looking for an experienced Product Design Team Lead to manage the output of Product Design team members, keep the Product Design vision on track in the projects and product areas assigned to them, and act as a Product Designer in key projects on a concept level.
Product Design at Kinsta means working on both product and service levels on a portfolio of products that touch upon customer experience and internal workflows. While doing our job, we wear both UX and UI hats, so we conduct research, understand underlying technologies, map user journeys, craft solutions from UI copywriting to UI design, and collaborate with developers to bring all this to life.
What you will be doing:
- Create concept level design for solutions, envision experiences, write UI copy, create UI design
- Collaborate with other teams to align product intentions and stakeholder needs and find the best combination of user needs and technological feasibility
- Maintain product vision by ensuring the highest quality of solutions, advocating a user-centered approach, and following a design thinking process
- Delegate tasks to team members and oversee the work done, continuously provide feedback, and organize collaboration
- Make sure team resources are efficiently used, priorities are well set, and the necessary tasks are progressing according to expectations of the broader Technology department and stakeholders
- Coach team members in design professional matters and career planning
- You have a minimum of 7 years of experience working as a Product Designer, at least some of it spent on a complex technical product, with a proven track record
- You have hands-on experience in a leadership role in both product design and managing team members
- You understand the agile product development workflow and have experience working in a cross-functional team
- You have a methodical approach to usability and handling complexity at scale
- You’re experienced working with and contributing to a design system
- You’re an expert with Figma or Sketch for UI design and prototypes, Miro or FigJam for flows and virtual whiteboarding, and Jira or alternative for task management
- You have a thorough understanding of web development technologies and a general understanding of development workflows
- You’re flawless in written and verbal English communication skills
- You have a thorough understanding of development workflows (Git, CI/CD) or customer-facing team tooling (support communications and ticketing, CRM)
- You have past experience working in a development or engineering role
- You’re experienced working on a B2B or cloud infrastructure product
- We are a fully remote culture with a globally distributed, international team. You can work anywhere with appropriate internet access Relaxed working environment with a reasonable working schedule, no overtime, and flexible paid time off
- Remote expense budget and personal career development budget
- A fantastic team with a collaborative and iterative workflow, so you never work in a vacuum
- This position offers a great deal of flexibility, responsibility, and opportunity for growth
Kinsta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and we will take actions to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, religion, creed, disability, marital status, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.