About BentoBox & Our Mission
The BentoBox Marketing and Commerce Platform delivers a seamless guest experience dedicated to accelerating growth and helping restaurants thrive. Restaurant concepts worldwide rely on BentoBox as their digital front door for elevated design, built-in marketing tools, actionable data, and a best-in-class customer experience that’s built for growth. BentoBox is trusted and loved by industry leaders such as José Andrés’s ThinkFoodGroup, Danny Meyer’s Union Square Hospitality Group, Emmy Squared, Suerte, and The Meatball Shop.
Our mission is to empower the world’s restaurants to succeed in their mission of hospitality
About This Role: We’re looking for a talented Product Designer to join our growing product team. This Product Designer will ensure both restaurant operators and restaurant guests have an exceptional experience when interacting with BentoBox products. This individual will work to enhance the user experience of our website admin system which covers the core CMS, online food ordering, events management, catering store, third-party integrations, and more.
What You’ll Do:
- Solve user and business problems by designing flows and interfaces that are simple, effective, and elegant
- Design from concept to hand-off, knowing when to make low-fi sketches and when to make pixel-perfect prototypes
- Utilize our existing design patterns while exploring improvements to our design system
- Inform design solutions by conducting competitive analysis, reviewing analytics, interviewing users and running user tests
- Partner closely with product managers, engineers and internal stakeholders to find effective but practical solutions to design problems
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers
- Present concepts to leadership, justifying your choices with rationale and research
- Uphold BentoBox’s core mission, vision, and principles
Experience We’re Looking For:
- 3+ years of product design experience (startup and SaaS experience is a plus)
- Fluency in contemporary design tools (we use Figma)
- Passion for end-to-end product design. You know how to craft experiences that feel good, look good, and address user needs
- Solid intuition and demonstration of visual design principles (particularly visual hierarchies)
- Experience designing for the web and familiarity with new and upcoming best practices
- Empathy for users, understanding their pain points and advocating for their needs
- Desire to dig into data to help inform design iterations
- Ability to think strategically, working to balance user needs, business objectives, and technical constraints
- A positive, proactive approach to your work
- Experience building and maintaining design systems
- Interface animations skills
- Experience in the hospitality industry
To be considered for this role, please submit a link to a portfolio.
Perks of Joining Us:
We’re building a hybrid workforce, all or most of our roles can be worked remotely, regardless of location, unless specified.
- Competitive salary + equity (once we offer again)
- 100% Employer Covered Health Benefits, Dental & Vision offerings
- 401(k) with company match
- Unlimited paid time off
- Paid family leave
- Professional development, growth and support
- Perks when dining with BentoBox customers
- Work from Home Stipend
- Opportunity to work with a passionate team making a positive impact on the hospitality community
BentoBox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.