We’re searching for a thoughtful, results-driven Product Designer to join our UX org to help shape the future of our Service Hub product line on mobile. You’ll be part of a growing team of Product Designers and will partner with Product Managers and Engineers to drive the vision for how HubSpot’s customers deliver delightful and efficient mobile service experiences to their own customers. This is a fantastic opportunity for you to have a major impact within a team of talented mobile designers, who are passionate about the possibilities of designing native experiences.
What types of problems do we work on?
We’re helping the actual human people running small and medium-sized companies to grow their businesses. From small sales teams, marketing-departments-of-one, and part-time services folks to medium-sized orgs that have their sea legs, we’re all about helping these businesses grow. What is growth? Growth for our customers means being able to hire more people, build and sell more products, and help more and more of their customers succeed – but not at any cost. Baked into the products we make are practices and approaches to growth that help customers sell, market, and service their customers responsibly, in ways we’d want to experience.
How do we design?
Design at HubSpot is both grounded in experience design fundamentals and a deep belief that small autonomous teams are the best way to get excellent work in customer’s hands.
- We value solving for the customer above all else
- We give each designer the responsibility and ownership to chart the course for their designs throughout the product and across teams
- We respect user researchers and content designers and work cooperatively with them while bringing product innovations to life
- We carefully lead and maintain a high-functioning, usability-centered design system and design language with our front end teammates. The mobile team curates a specialized version of our base system geared to native iOS and Android apps
- We’re embedded on small teams with engineers and product managers in sane, sustainable ratios.
- Partner closely with product management and engineering leads to establish objectives and key results for their group(s)
- Own responsibility for balancing speed, quality and consistency of design
- Deliver wireframes, system mapping, and polished visual UI designs
- Break complex concepts into smaller, more manageable components
- Provides thoughtful feedback to team design critiques
- Build lasting relationships across the organization, including cross-product design teams, engineering, product management, and the broader business
- Ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced tech environment.
Top candidates will have:
- Demonstrable experience delivering successful and intuitive mobile products – we value “consumer-grade” experience quality in service of solving enterprise problems
- Deep understanding of good user experience, IA, interaction and visual design
- Are well-versed in the iOS Human Interface Guidelines and Material design patterns for Android
- Ability to articulate design decisions and ask tough questions to help surface and challenge assumptions. The word “why” comes out of your mouth at least once in every conversation.
- Familiarity with the value of low-fidelity concepts and doing “just enough” artifact creation to communicate to the team, then rapidly evaluating and refining ideas
- Open communication style that makes it easy to give and receive feedback with the goal of becoming better at what you do and helping the people around you become more successful
- Strong visual design skills
- Experience working closely and collaboratively with developers and product managers in a fast-paced environment. Teamwork is central to how you get work done and you know how to build strong working relationships.
- Experience with Agile, Lean, and working with light Jira process is a plus.
HubSpot (NYSE: HUBS) is a leading customer relationship management (CRM) platform that provides software and support to help businesses grow better. We build marketing, sales, service, and website management products that start free and scale to meet our customers’ needs at any stage of growth. We’re also building a company culture that empowers people to do their best work through. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot Culture Code, which has more than 5M views, and learn about our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every employee globally, HubSpot was named the #1 Best Place to Work on Glassdoor in 2020, and has been recognized for award-winning culture by Great Place to Work, Comparably, Fortune, Entrepreneur, Inc., and more.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, HubSpot was founded in 2006. Today, thousands of employees work across the globe in HubSpot offices and remotely. Visit our careers website to learn more about culture and opportunities at HubSpot.
By submitting your application, you agree that HubSpot may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. HubSpot’s Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, our purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over HubSpot’s use of your personal information.