US APPLICANTS ONLY, PLEASE
Moment is the fastest growing marketplace for creatives. We carry the gear creatives recommend, sell video lessons from the pros, and run photo trips around the world. More than just an online store, we also make our own photo and video apps for creatives. Downloaded by millions of creatives our apps range from pro tools to vintage film cameras.
We’re looking for another designer to join the team so we can introduce more features and new apps. We are looking for a lead designer who is passionate about shooting photos / videos, building tools for creatives, and being part of an experienced team.
On one side you’ll work closely with software engineers to ship new features for Pro Camera and RTRO. Plus you’ll be creating whole new apps for creatives across iPhones, iPads, and Macs. On the other side you’ll work with our content team to market the apps you design.
Like all of our designers at Moment you’ll be ranging from a blank piece of paper to concept refinement, to final visual details.
What you will be doing:
- Designing and shooting (A passion for photography and/or filmmaking is required).
- Concepting and exploring new features with engineers.
- Prototyping and testing with the internal team and external beta teams.
- Receiving feedback from our beta teams and refining the product experience.
- Working with the content team to create launch assets.
- Owning the app marketing pages and refining them to improve conversion rates.
- Helping to create detailed learning content for app users to get more out of the product.
- Reading data and coming up with ways to improve conversion and retention.
- Customer service, because everyone on the team does a few days per month.
You need these qualifications:
- A love for photography or filmmaking. Our apps are solving photo / video problems.
- Strong visual design skills focusing on aesthetic detail.
- UX experience with consumer software products.
- Experience with either Apple’s Human Interface Guidelines.
- Experience working with engineers to ship features.
- Ability to create a design system and brand guidelines from scratch or adhere to an existing system.
- Motion graphics skills to bring an app to life is a big plus.
- Direct experience working with content creatives is a plus.
- Experience shipping visual assets for a campaign are nice to have.
- Experience using Figma is a plus
Why Design At Moment
We believe design wins. Co-founded by a designer, we’re building a talented team of designers who help one another get better. You can see some of our product work here on Behance, our constantly evolving e-commerce UX work here on our site, and some amazing things people are capturing with our products here.
Most importantly we teach you how to independently ship, measure, and iterate. We believe that design wins and therefore expect designers to go beyond solving the problem to making fast, iterative decisions on the products.
Compensation And Benefits
The Moment culture is about ownership so the more you take on the more you make. Otherwise, we keep compensation simple…
- A competitive salary.
- Equity in the company.
- Medical insurance or $600 per month to do what you want.
- Flexible Schedule: Work when you want, as long you finish work on time and set teammates up for success.
- Free Moment gear & discounts on our whole store.
- A $500 stipend per year to spend on your own equipment.
- Three company offsites per year.
- Unlimited vacation.