As a Full-Stack Designer, what will you be doing?
- You will craft Stackbit’s desktop and mobile tools for developers and marketers around the globe.
- You will work closely with product managers, your peer designers, and developers to architect, iterate on, and fine-tune complex (yet simple-to-use) web experiences.
- You will continuously support and expand Stackbit’s brand by contributing to the company’s marketing website and assets.
What are the minimum requirements for the role?
- At least 5 years of working as a product designer, experience designer, or hands-on design lead with early-stage start-up companies.
- Experience with designing web-based experiences that people use daily.
- Experience with modern UX/UI design tools like Sketch, Figma, Adobe XD or other.
- Ability to maintain and expand a consistent brand language across products and marketing assets.
- A portfolio that demonstrates all of the above.
What kind of designer would we love to hire?
- A self-starter who is comfortable with ambiguity and working without a guidebook.
- You enjoy designing beautiful experiences that will help other developers and users accomplish their goals and make them successful.
- You equally enjoy generating MVP designs with quick iteration turnaround as well as pixel-perfect deliverables that come afterward.
- You enjoy giving feedback and welcome receiving it. We strongly believe in constructive delivery that helps everyone become a better version of themselves.
- Impact-driven – We understand our users, set and prioritize objectives, find the correct way to measure how we’re doing against those objectives, and ruthlessly execute while monitoring actual impact vs. projected impact to constantly improve.
- Comfortable with change – We have a clear vision and target and we’re moving fast towards it, exploring new paths and opportunities. At the same time, it’s important to recognize sunk cost and step away from it. While this is exhilarating, it does keep you on your toes. In other words, you never use the word “final” in your filenames.
- At Stackbit, we believe it is never “somebody else’s problem” and we greatly appreciate team players who jump at the chance to make things happen. We take pride in owning our successes and failures and use them to improve our work and the work of those around us, to build a better product and team.
- Able to communicate across countries and cultures, and engage in discussions about the product in a meaningful way. Comfortable working with a fully distributed, global team, with different timezones and availabilities.