ConsenSys is the leading Ethereum software company. We enable developers, enterprises, and people worldwide to build next-generation applications, launch modern financial infrastructure, and access the decentralized web. Our product suite, composed of Infura, Quorum, Codefi, MetaMask, and Diligence, serves millions of users, supports billions of blockchain-based queries for our clients, and has handled billions of dollars in digital assets. Ethereum is the largest programmable blockchain in the world, leading in business adoption, developer community, and DeFi activity. On this trusted, open source foundation, we are building the digital economy of tomorrow. To explore our products and solutions, visit http://consensys.net/.
About Protocol Engineering
Protocol Engineering at ConsenSys is a world leader in blockchain research and development. We are building and contributing to the foundational protocols and systems upon which Ethereum MainNet, Ethereum 2, Enterprise Ethereum, Layer 2, and Sidechains are based. Our teams are building Hyperledger Besu, Quorum, Teku, and are researching roll-ups, zero knowledge execution, distributed systems, consensus protocols, formal verification, and crosschain protocols. Our development teams are creating world class in-demand enterprise technology. The Protocol Engineering team is critical to the success of ConsenSys and Enterprise Ethereum.
About the role
- Own the product vision across the Protocol Engineering products:
- Ensure that ConsenSys Quorum continues to drive enterprise adoption of Ethereum while taking advantage of future protocol upgrades.
- Position our open source, community-oriented products for the greatest impact on the Ethereum ecosystem.
- Maximize opportunities for productization and thought leadership of our Protocol R&D work.
- Lead the team in making product decisions via deep engagement with internal stakeholders, customers, prospects, and market study.
- Drive the go-to-market strategy for commercial products and identify opportunities for commercialization for new features and products.
- Bring the product strategy to life for the engineering and go-to-market teams.
- Serve as an evangelist to inform and educate the user community.
What we are looking for
- 5+ years experience in product management;
- Effective and powerful communicator who excels with a team that values autonomy;
- Open to learning and collaborative by nature; willing to give and receive feedback;
- Comfortable with handling uncertainty and ambiguity but not afraid of making a decision;
- Technologist by experience or education; comfortable communicating high level benefits and digging into the technical weeds;
- Demonstrated record of influencing others without having direct authority over them; ability to cultivate team flexibility under changing conditions;
- Solid written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to author blogs, develop, and deliver presentations, and function as a product spokesperson.
Bonus points for
- Experience working with Ethereum, even more so at the protocol level;
- Experience working on very technical products;
- Having demonstrated the ability to learn about a domain rapidly;
- Having worked in a globally distributed team;
- Coaching and mentoring product managers;
- Having worked in a remote role.
Don’t check all of the boxes? Don’t sweat it. We’re passionate about building a diverse team of humans and as such, if you think you’ve got what it takes for our chaotic-but-fun, remote-friendly, start-up environment apply anyway. While we have a pretty good idea of what we need, we’re ready for you to challenge our thinking on who needs to be in this role.
Why join ConsenSys?
Here are some of the perks of being part of a unique organization like ConsenSys
- One of the most recognized tech companies in the blockchain ecosystem globally. A work experience at ConsenSys is a tremendous reference for your future career. ConsenSys alumni have moved on to become tech entrepreneurs, CEOs, and team leads at tech companies.
- The forefront of a revolution. We fundamentally believe blockchain is a next generation of technology that can lay the foundation for a more just and equitable society. You can be a part of building the digital economy of tomorrow and radically transforming our society for the better.
- A dynamic startup environment with deep roots. We are one of the earliest blockchain companies and a leader in the space. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that reaches the edge of our ecosystem.
- Deep technical challenges. Blockchain technology is just over 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler. There is much to be done before these platforms can scale to the order of millions or billions of users. We are building the tools, infrastructure and applications l that are pushing the technology forward.
- Continuous learning and improvements. You’ll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas and frameworks from your peers and as you work on different projects — challenging you to stay at the top of your game.
ConsenSys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ConsenSys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found here.