Product Management Director – Remote or in Office (UT, PA, CA)
Nav is democratizing small business financing. In other words, we give small business owners access and control. Yes, this challenges the norm, but it means working with curious, purpose driven, dedicated, and inquisitively smart people who push themselves, our company and the community to the next level (and every level after that). We are the people behind the tech. And when it’s good, we look for better. We don’t over think the value we bring nor spend time trying to revamp mantras. We also do not come up with some crafty way to tell you who we are and what we offer. We are Nav! Here, you’ll gain a wealth of experience, learn the tricks of the trade, and work with winners. All companies say people are connected to their mission but in our case our mission and our people are one – it is a way of being not just a cause you are committed to. And since 2013, Nav has holistically and organically developed its own ideology because Nav can only be Nav.
As a Senior Product Leader, you will work at the intersection of development, analytics, and user experience, as well as have a competitive understanding of the small business landscape to facilitate the creation of successful new features and services. You will own the product roadmap and scale our new B2B product initiatives to be the preeminent destination for small business owners when securing financing with our partners. This means exciting opportunities to own the marketplace funnel (lending and credit card revenue) growth by optimizing the customer journey from sign up to conversion.
WHAT WE EMPOWER YOU WITH
- Managing product roadmaps from inception through implementation; collecting requirements, establishing key performance metrics, crafting the user experience, and driving execution.
- Using good judgment to make appropriate trade-offs when scoping and specifying solutions, ensuring that anything we build adds value to the business and continues to delight our users.
- Articulating and evangelizing product concepts to various stakeholders: engineering, marketing, sales, leadership, design, legal, finance, clients, and customer service teams.
- Effectively synthesizing disparate quantitative and qualitative data sets to quickly make data-driven decisions.
- Ideating and wireframing new features and services that will be used by millions of users.
- Working with business leaders to help shape business cases, including return-on-investment analyses for new product initiatives.
- Rapidly iterating and evolving the product to meet the needs of our hyper-growth. While creating extensible and scalable solutions, and simultaneously looking around corners for future user needs and issues.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- A successful past where you analyzed data, drew accurate conclusions, and adjusted strategies accordingly to drive solutions that resulted in revenue growth.
- Experience creating data-driven personalization and recommendation-based experiences in order to optimize end-to-end digital to P2P (sales team) conversion rates.
- Strong proficiency of the latest technical standards and best practices in site usability and iterative product development.
- Fluency with data analysis and A/B Testing.
- The instinct to get on a whiteboard and explain your thinking, and even faster to document that thinking into expected use cases and user behaviors, driving for new features from start to finish.
- You have a proven track record of prioritizing work appropriately to ensure alignment with success metrics and effectively communicate prioritization to stakeholders. You are able to determine when progress is not being made and suggest alternative approaches.
- You have thrived in digital consumer product roles and delivered delightful features/services at scale.
- Experience connecting innovative solutions to real-world, user problems with actual business needs of a rapidly scaling organization.
WHO YOU ARE
- You have a passion for financial products/services and improving people’s financial health.
- You validate all acceptance criteria before production deployment.
- You are relentless about performing retrospection with the scrum teams and strive to continuously improve efficiency.
- You track backlogs and sprints and prioritize deliverables/issues/bugs and drive teams to complete them.
- You bring hard data into conversations and ask for data where it is missing.
- You have a technical depth that allows you to communicate with, understand, and earn the respect of world-class engineers and analysts.
- You are comfortable managing relationships, delivering feedback and coaching up, down and to the side.
- You proactively keep stakeholders up to date by providing transparency of progress via communication and demos.
- You work to gain clarity when direction is unclear
- You plan for scale and validate with others that solutions are scalable
- You enable leadership to make informed decisions by evaluating various options, providing key data points and definition of pros/cons.
- You take calculated risks by providing risk metrics, conducting POCs.
- You proactively plan for failure and plan actions for quick resolution.
INCLUSION AT NAV
At Nav, we celebrate what makes our employees unique because the businesses we serve are progressively diverse and distinctly original. Navericks are diverse, side hustlers, immigrants, veterans, queer, and we push generational boundaries. We are college dropouts, PhDs, special needs parents, allies, pet owners and community leaders. Navericks are human. We are committed to upholding a safe, supportive environment where everyone matters. We are committed to making a better future for all of us. We have created a workplace where people of all backgrounds can express their identities authentically. To put it simply we want you to be proud to be you.
OUR COMPENSATION PHILOSOPHY IS SIMPLE BUT POWERFUL
We believe great, enduring relationships are grounded in trust and transparency. Compensation shouldn’t be a distraction, and employees should understand how pay and career advancement decisions are made. Providing equal pay for equal work is table stakes for being a great place to work. Gender and ethnic inequity should only be something that our children read about in history books. We believe providing Navsters with company ownership, competitive pay, and a range of meaningful benefits is the start of creating a culture where people want to give the best they’ve got — not because they’re simply making money, but because they’ve fallen in love with our vision, mission, values, and team.
OUR IMPACT ON YOU
Competitive Pay. Company Ownership. Unlimited Vacation. Benefits Day One. 6 Weeks Paid Parental Leave. Matching 401k. Work From Anywhere (yes we were distributed before it was cool). Flexible Work Arrangements. Free Telehealth and Telemental Health For All Employees. Employee Networking and Events. Community Network Groups (women’s, PRIDE, culture). Meaningful Perks and Rewards. Learning and Development Opportunities.
A NAVERICK’S DNA
- We look at the future and say “why not”; we see possibilities where others see problems or routines. We show the way ahead and are committed to achieving ambitious goals.
- We practice straight talk and listen generously to each other with empathy. We value different opinions and point of views. We ensure that we connect outside as well as inside to learn from others and inspire each other.
- We hold ourselves accountable for delivering results. We choose to not to be a victim of circumstance. We make decisions & take responsibility so that we can act & support each other, rather than adopting defensive, and “finger pointing” behaviors.
- As leaders we motivate & engage our teams to undertake beyond what they originally thought possible, by developing our teams & creating the conditions for people to grow and empower themselves through enabling & coaching.