About the Role
At Chain.io we are disruptive risk-takers. We don’t have a traditional way of doing things, and will do whatever it takes to build a product that improves customer value and experiences. Be a part of the future of technology and make an impact on an evolving industry. Come join us in a Product Manager role to represent the voice of the customer throughout the product life cycle.
Chain.io seeks a creative, proactive, and results-oriented Product Manager to work directly with the VP Products in developing and driving the delivery of Chain’s product roadmap. In particular, this role involves productizing pre-built connectors between enterprise IT systems and the user experiences associated with defining and managing them within an enterprise platform. If you have a customer first view on building a product, step into the front of the line.
- Gather user requirements and translate them into user stories and workflows, and work with UX/UI to develop associated wireframes/mockups.
- Define and prioritize Chain’s product backlog, and collaborate closely with UX and Development to deliver the best technical and user-centric solutions in meeting our customer needs.
- Collaborate with colleagues in Customer Success, Sales, and Marketing to ensure customer adoption and success.
- Develop effective, informative feedback loops through our internal teams to guide product enhancements. Measure and analyze existing products and market sentiment for opportunities to innovate and improve.
- Proactively acquire a deep understanding of current and emerging customer needs, and the associated functional requirements needed to define new products + offerings.
- Build a competitive battle card and compare our value based features, services, and products to keep us ahead of the curve.
Qualifications and Skillset
- 4-6+ years of previous product management experience, must be in a B2B SaaS environment, in which your communication and problem-solving skills have resulted in valuable product advancements.
- Strong ability to manage a product backlog in close collaboration with Development.
- Experience with building a product vision informed by extensive customer interactions, from which you synthesized the primary product attributes needed to accommodate differing needs.
- Able to ‘go broad and go deep’ – think strategically to define your vision, and then craft detailed designs, manage expectations and effectively communicate with across teams, stakeholders, and the leadership team.
- Ability to respond to high-impact customer/product escalations in a way that enhances customer loyalty.
- A growth mindset and a strong appetite for learning committed to making big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Action and execution-oriented, with an understanding of why time is precious, and speed to market is critical to our success.
- Ability to dive into technical details when needed–you ideally have a BS or MS in a technical discipline, with an MBA preferred though not essential.
What an Ideal Top Candidate Will Have
- Experience with backend and middleware platforms used by modern web applications, services, and API’s and their data pipelines.
- Supply chain experience, on either the planning or execution side.
- Start-up experience is preferred, ideally with an early-stage VC-backed B2B SaaS provider.
- An entrepreneurial spirit is a must.
Who We Are
Chain.io is a fast-growing, remote-first logistics technology software company and has developed an industry leading logistics integration software platform for 3PLs, Freight Forwarders, Shippers and SAAS providers who need to integrate with customers, agents, suppliers and other systems. Once a client is connected to Chain.io’s platform, they have access to pre-built best practice business processes including bookings, shipments, purchase orders, ASNs, status updates, documents, invoices, and more. They also have access to other prebuilt adaptors with our SaaS customers on the platform.
At Chain.io our employees are our number one asset, and we continue to be a tight-knit community where each of us has a critical role in our success. Committed to diversity, at Chain.io we depend on a rich blend of ideas, backgrounds, soft skills and working styles in our quest to change the world for the better. We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the requirements of a job. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence; therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions.
Review the Video From Founder and CEO Brian Glick on What is Chain.io: https://vimeo.com/385263719
Compensation and Benefits Overview
- Our Brand and Culture is more than how we market our products; it’s a way of thinking and a way of being in and out of the office.
- We believe in 4 main principles – Nice, Authentic, Accessible and Professional at all times.
- Our salary will match and or exceed your prior skills, industry knowledge and experience.
- We give our employees a flexible work schedule, where you have the ability to work remotely and set your own work hours.
- WE care about outcomes, more than how many hours you clock.
- A balanced life is important to a healthy work environment.
- PTO overview – you are required to use at least 10 days per year with a soft ceiling of 20 days (very flexible if you need to go over).
- We offer you subsidized Health and Dental insurance as well as 401K.
- Stock options are assigned for all new employees.
- We give you the opportunity to be reimbursed for conferences and professional development.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.