Leap’s mission is to combat climate change by enabling a reliable electric grid that runs on clean energy. The electric grid is transforming from dirty (but predictable) fossil fuels to clean (but less predictable) renewable energy. To do so, the grid needs more flexible demand and supply to help maintain stability and reliability.
Leap plays a crucial role in opening up wholesale energy markets to all distributed energy resources, enabling our partners to get paid for providing flexibility to the grid.
Leap is a privately-held tech company with funding from top VCs and well-known energy entrepreneurs. Our core operations are in the San Francisco Bay Area and Utrecht (NL), but we are a distributed workplace with teammates based in Atlanta, Boston, Boulder, Chicago, Maui, and Washington, DC.
Who are we looking for?
Leap’s Product team connects our business teams in the US and the engineering team in Europe, building software that unlocks access to wholesale electricity markets for distributed energy resources and devices. We are looking for an entrepreneurial and detail-oriented problem-solver with availability during standard US Eastern time zone working hours to help innovate and execute on various product initiatives. You should be passionate about energy markets and have the flexibility and grit for working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment within a highly regulated industry.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Technical background in computer science, software engineering, or related field.
- 2+ years of product owner/management experience delivering software products and solutions
- Aptitude for building interpersonal relationships with a multinational team across several time zones
- Track record of launching technical products in high-growth organizations
- Excellent communication and organizational skills to drive stakeholder alignment
- NICE TO HAVE: experience in SaaS API product development, enterprise web applications, US wholesale electricity markets, distributed energy programs and devices, automated testing.
What will you be working on?
- Own and create comprehensive product requirements, use cases, and testing plans.
- Drive product testing, user education, rollout, iteration, and support
- Develop and track product metrics to foster a culture of data-driven decision making
- Establish shared vision across the company by building consensus on priorities leading to product execution
What’s it like to work at Leap?
Product: At our core we are a tech company. We love technical challenges and build things that we are proud of and would like to use ourselves. Everyone is highly involved in building and designing our products, making them extremely valuable and a pleasure to use.
Purpose: Some of us worked in energy before, some of us haven’t. All of us would like to make a difference and do our part in helping the world move towards a more resilient grid run on renewable energy.
Fun: We work hard, but enjoy our time at work as well as outside of work. With the team spread out over multiple time zones we also embraced flexibility early on, and are focused on results instead of time spent in the office.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.