Ushahidi is looking for a Product Manager to help define our open source products vision and lead the efforts to see that vision through.
We are a small, passionate team building open source technology for the humanitarian sector, officially operating as a non-profit since 2008.
Ushahidi believes in setting up every one of our roles to shine within and outwards the organization. This role can become your platform to effect change in the world, connect with other caring humans, participate in exciting events and build the next step in your career.
Read the full role description here.
- Experience in similar or related positions leading product research and making roadmap decisions.
- Experience with project management: planning, monitoring efforts and keeping the team in track towards success.
- Experience managing software product development cycles, preferably as an Agile Product Owner.
- Experience collaborating with a UX designer using visual design tools.
- Empathic and effective in communication.
- Understanding product development in alignment with non-profit impact metrics.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Accountable, independent, and intrinsically motivated.
- Mission-driven and team-oriented.
We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical abilities, or length of time spent unemployed.
We can’t stress this enough: please don’t hold back your application due to any of these circumstances. If you feel that you want to work together, we would love to meet you.
- Generous vacation policy: minimum 25 days/year.
- Parental leave of ninety (90) calendar days with full pay.
- Flexible schedule.
- Socially responsible mission. Build technology directly for societal good.
- Healthcare coverage.
- Support for co-working space usage.
- A laptop that becomes your property after 18 months