The health insurance and benefits industry is undergoing rapid digital transformation. Today, most people choose, enroll, and utilize their benefits not by calling insurance carriers or reviewing paper forms, but by using HR and benefits software. Behind the scenes, Ideon’s APIs make this modern benefits experience possible. We’re powering an entire industry forward, delivering the speed, transparency, and efficiency that today’s consumers expect.
Ideon is seeking a Product Manager within Ideon’s Product team. The Product Management – Carriers team owns the roadmap for our carrier-facing products. In this role, you’ll be tasked with spearheading the development of products that bolster and empower our Carrier partners. We research the market, speak with customers, provide specs and details to Engineering, and validate our solutions both technically and in the market. We work with Sales and Marketing to understand market needs and communicate our product’s value proposition.
For this role, we are open to remote candidates anywhere in the U.S. Ideon is headquartered in NYC with a second office in Omaha, NE. This role reports into the Director of Product Management. #LI-Remote
In this role you will:
- Research and understand market dynamics and trends.
- Work collaboratively with customers, Engineering, Sales, Operations and Leadership to develop and deliver on our Carriers roadmap.
- Work collaboratively with Operations and Engineering to develop and deliver on our Carriers roadmap.
- Uncover opportunities Ideon can go after to better serve our Carrier partners.
We’d love to talk if you:
- Have 3+ years of Product Management or Engineering experience.
- Have 1+ years of experience working with and managing the development of APIs.
- Have excellent time management and analytical skills.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills; especially in an externally-facing role.
What we do:
Ideon is the way health insurance carriers and employee benefits providers connect with new technology partners to deliver seamless consumer experiences at every stage of the member journey. We are not the websites or apps you use to choose a plan or find a doctor. We are the infrastructure, the ‘pipes,’ that allows InsurTech platforms and health insurance and benefits carriers to exchange data accurately, efficiently, securely, and at scale—improving the way benefits are quoted, sold, enrolled, managed, and utilized. Our APIs transmit billions of data points, powering an amazing benefits experience for all. Faster. Better. Awesomely.
Who we are:
We are a group of people who love a good API and all it can do. We are insurance geeks, systems gurus, data wonks, sales & marketing execs, product leads, finance whizzes, and admin pros—all determined to bring efficiency, transparency, and connectivity to the health insurance and benefits industry.
Our benefits include:
– 100% company-paid medical and dental for you and your dependents.
– Healthcare and dependent care FSA (Flexible Spending Account).
– 401(k) with company matching and immediate vesting.
– Flexible PTO policy: take time off without worrying about accruals or carryovers.
– Pre-tax commuting benefits.
– Home office allowance so you can work comfortably wherever you are.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful reference and background checks.
Ideon requires COVID-19 vaccination for anyone onsite at an Ideon space (full-time or otherwise). Per policy, the company will make every effort to find reasonable accommodations or exemptions for medical and religious reasons.